Question New 21:9 monitor chopping off image

Nov 27, 2021
I have a new Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor and now each game I play loses some of the image all around the screen. For example, during cutscenes, you will only see half the character's face when they are talking. Happens in-game, during cutscenes, and in the main menus. Any way to force the game to play in 21:9? I've tried messing around with all settings on the monitor and in the games, to no avail.

I've tried multiple different games and the problem persists in them all.

Nov 27, 2021
Have you tried image scaling within your graphics card control panel?

Yes, NVidia Control Panel has a setting for scaling, so I've set that to Aspect Ratio and checked the box to "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs." Didn't seem to change anything, unfortunately. It's really odd... when I play a YouTube video, for example, the scaling is fine. Nothing is cut off. Only when I play games. I'm assuming because the game was not meant to run in 21:9?

Nov 27, 2021
UPDATE: After launching each of my games, I found out that two games are really the only culprits (of course, these two games happened to be my "test" games and I just assumed all games had this issue).

Tomb Raider (2013) and Borderlands 3 have issues with this, currently. The other games in my library work fine. I've sent off emails to those game publishers to see if anything can be done and we'll see. At least I'm glad to know now that it isn't my monitor... just need to get these games up to speed now.

Thanks for the help.