Question New 240hz Monitor

Oct 3, 2019
Hey all,

Been trying to search online for some answers and haven't found anything relatable , but basically I've been running dual Acer led monitors for about 10 years on DVI cables. Currently only have a GTX 960 windforce 4gb but have been able to run everything fine on the old setup for years. Have just purchased an ASUS ROG STRIX XG258 it's still only set for 60hz but I'm getting blank WHITE videos with sound on Youtube. I'm also getting black triangles when I hover my mouse over the search bar in a web browser. Also actually get reduced FPS in game in some instances. I never thought that the 960 would get me full potential of a 240hz monitor but thought I'd get some benefit of the new monitor over it actually making things worse, until I buy a new graphics card anyway. Other than the screen itself, the only difference is its now using a Display Port.

If someone could shed some light I would be grateful :)

Oct 2, 2019
Unless your receiving input error monitor side (such as pixels being Frozen or dead, no input detected, etc...) This issue seems to be a driver related issue. Have you made sure that you are up to date in your device manager and are using the proper configuration for multiple monitors? Since you are using an Nvidia card you should make sure you are up to date with the latest drivers. The other monitors you were using may be a different resolution as well so your computers display configuration may need to be updated as well.

Oct 3, 2019
I uninstalled the driver and re-installed it. I've currently only got the new monitor plugged in, and they are the same resolution, just trying to eliminate this first before I plug in any more.

I tried a different web browser and seems to eliminate the triangles and the youtube problem. Google chrome still has the issue, and when i plug my old monitor in, it transfers to the old monitors too, but when I restart the computer everything is fine again on my old set up. Chrome is up to date to.