New 27-Inch iMacs to Ship Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I'll quote a phrase I heard from South Park, in reference to Paris Hilton..."But what does she do?!"[/citation]

charges money for beautiful exterior.

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
This story is completely wrong. I know several people that already have theirs. They have been shipping since mid December, just at a very low rate.

goodegg

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Overpriced, underpowered, whatever.

If you can look at a computer, a thing designed to do work or play or whatever, and without even turning it on, you can say to yourself -- "wow, that's a beautiful thing"... Well, I suppose you can charge whatever people will pay for that.

I haven't consumed the Kool-Aid, but I do have and use Apple products. My computers are PC. But when I see it, and touch it, I can't help but exclaim how gorgeous these things are. And it makes me want one KNOWING that it's not the best value for my money.

It's still the BMW vs. Civic argument. Some people see value in how their computer looks, feels and makes THEM feel about it.

[citation][nom]goodegg[/nom]Overpriced, underpowered, whatever.If you can look at a computer, a thing designed to do work or play or whatever, and without even turning it on, you can say to yourself -- "wow, that's a beautiful thing"... Well, I suppose you can charge whatever people will pay for that.I haven't consumed the Kool-Aid, but I do have and use Apple products. My computers are PC. But when I see it, and touch it, I can't help but exclaim how gorgeous these things are. And it makes me want one KNOWING that it's not the best value for my money.It's still the BMW vs. Civic argument. Some people see value in how their computer looks, feels and makes THEM feel about it.[/citation]

spot on. however I wish apple would put better hardware in their DESKTOP models so I can actually install linux or windows and do my regular stuff with it. and don't tell me I can always get a mac-pro, I have an aluminum tower from silverstone tyvm

kensingtron

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
[citation][nom]goodegg[/nom]It's still the BMW vs. Civic argument. Some people see value in how their computer looks, feels and makes THEM feel about it.[/citation]

I don't think that is the best analogy, as the two cars need to have the same engine, breaks, drive train, performance and such; Then double the price of one and you have a great Mac vs PC analogy.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]applerocks[/nom]This story is completely wrong. I know several people that already have theirs. They have been shipping since mid December, just at a very low rate.[/citation]

Isn't that what a shortage is? A supply that can't meed demand right?

Oh wait this isn't a real shortage this is apple doing the whole "this is awesome but you can't have one" thing again. Oh apple, your tactics are so simple yet so effective.

panini

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I'm excited about this computer. Finally Apple has a good graphics card (GTX 680MX). Even if it is expensive, the option is there for those who want it. I've yet to see a better all-in-one (price aside).

Status
Not open for further replies.