Question New 2nd SSD gets disappears from Windows and BIOS after some time -- why?

Jan 6, 2021
I got a new SSD (samsung 870) and connected it to my mb with sata. After i couldnt fix the problem i sent it back and got a new one with the same problem. I think it's a software issue because my other ssd works fine on the same cables and ports. Thanks for the help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your motherboard and PSU? Did you go into BIOS and see that the SSD is recognized by the board? If not, you need to check and see what BIOS version you're on at the moment. You will need to update the BIOS if you have a number of them pending. Gradually work your way to the latest version.

Also, what OS are you working with? Might want to see if changing the SATA cable alleviates the issue.

Jan 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your motherboard and PSU? Did you go into BIOS and see that the SSD is recognized by the board? If not, you need to check and see what BIOS version you're on at the moment. You will need to update the BIOS if you have a number of them pending. Gradually work your way to the latest version.

Also, what OS are you working with? Might want to see if changing the SATA cable alleviates the issue.
Im have a b350 tomahawk with an amd ryzen 1700x and a 750W PSU. The SSD is in the bios at first but after the first freeze/crash it disapears and only comes back after a restart. I already installed the newest bios. Im using Win10 latest. The cables cant be defective because the 860Evo i used before works fine. Thanks for your help.