[SOLVED] New 3070 doesn't work with monitor

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
I have a old benq xl2411z which only support DVI-D and HDMI. So I bought a DELL BIZLINK DISPLAYPORT to DVI-D DUAL which II have here with me. However, when I plug the 3070 in and use the adapter my monitor says no cable connected. I can't get any picture and I pressed my monitor settings to switch the cable too.

What should I do? I'm scared because when I check my GPU the fans don't spin so I don't know if it's the gpu or the cable.

5800x

Tomahawk x570

RTX 3070 FE

Solution
If your video card is not getting power through the secondary cables, then very briefly at start I would expect the video card to momentarily post something about how all [secondary] power connectors need to be connected (at least that is what happens on a couple of recent NVIDIA GPUs I've used). Fans should spin even if secondary power is not connected. Perhaps the power supply is not enough (you should post specs to the power supply), but the lack of fan tends to make me think of a hardware error on the video.

Sometimes it might just be the way the card sits in the PCIe slot. This is only for testing, but you should be able to move the video card to a new PCIe slot (even a shorter slot...PCIe slot power should power the fans), connect...

Ash95

Great
Dec 25, 2020
In all honesty, that monitor doesn’t even remotely do the 3070 justice.

Have you tried connecting via hdmi lead, so you can see if it is the converter that is broken?

If your video card is not getting power through the secondary cables, then very briefly at start I would expect the video card to momentarily post something about how all [secondary] power connectors need to be connected (at least that is what happens on a couple of recent NVIDIA GPUs I've used). Fans should spin even if secondary power is not connected. Perhaps the power supply is not enough (you should post specs to the power supply), but the lack of fan tends to make me think of a hardware error on the video.

Sometimes it might just be the way the card sits in the PCIe slot. This is only for testing, but you should be able to move the video card to a new PCIe slot (even a shorter slot...PCIe slot power should power the fans), connect all power, and see if fans start working. If not, then the issue follows the video card and odds go up the video card itself is bad (assuming the power supply is sufficient).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS