Question New 3080 TI issues

Jun 6, 2022
So, I recently bought a brand new Aorus 3080 RTX TI. I also went ahead and bought a Evga 1000w GQ PSU just to have the power to run it, I admit a bit overkill but I'm a worrier. I installed everything just fine, I built the computer myself and just took out a 1660 super that I've had forever. So, this is a huge upgrade for me and I was super excited to finally see what the hype is all about. I uninstalled all the drivers with DDU and installed brand new drivers for the 3080. It gave me a error code 99 after install and for a while wouldn't power my monitor. Not sure exactly what I did to get the monitor to power on. I change a bunch of psu cords, hdmi, PCI cords for monitor. Everything I could think of to make it work. I finally got it on but it booted in safe mode, made me reset all my bios to boot finally. Now it's seems like I have extremely low fps on everything including my start screen. It takes forever for everything to load, discord takes like a while to update when switching through servers and my boot times are awful compared to what they were when I had the 1660 in. This is my first computer I've ever built and am still learning so please don't come for me in the comments, I was just doing a casual upgrade that now has turned into my worst nightmare lol. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs
CPU - i7-10700 2.90ghz, 8 core
GPU - 3080 GTX TI
MOBO - ROG STRIX Z490-E Gaming
RAM - Corsair - Vengeance Pro 2 x 16gbs 3200 mhz DDR4
PSU - EVGA 1000 GQ
SSD/HHD - WD - Black SN750 NVMe Gaming 1TB SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Since you were able to get into BIOS, can you check to see what version you're on at the time of writing? As for your build, can you source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor to try out on your platform, to rule out your EVGA unit being lackluster out of the box? You're going to need 850W of power at the entire system's disposal, mind you. EVGA do have a good lineup of gear from their product portfolio but they've been known to have hit or miss units even in their top of the line class of PSU's.

What PSU were you on prior to the beefy PSU upgrade? How old is/was the previous unit?

Jun 6, 2022
It very well could be a bios issue. It is saying as of right now, I am running American Megatrends Inc. 0607, 5/29/2020. I was using a 650w Corsair PSU before that. I just recently moved and the only other PSU I have access to is the one I just took out which doesn't have enough umpf to power this massive thing lol. I do see a little egg like thing breaking on the display for the GPU if that helps any.

As a fresh WIn10/11 install to an NVME drive can be done in a few minutes, I'd do a full nuke and pave, deleting partitions and starting over. A freshWIn install, followed by install of needed driver/packages (mainboard chipset, VGA, sound, LAN, drivers from mainboard manufacturer, and GeForce Experience), install all WIndows updates, then reinstall one game of interest that was giving issues to be tested, and retest.

Until that's done, you could be fighting some glitch that could take hours and hours to find, when a starting over might be done in 20 minutes.

Good luck!

Jun 6, 2022
Nuked it, no longer have a little breaking egg on the GPU. It is still really underperforming. Got 5k in 3DMark, still need to update the BIOS. I thought I had a flash drive around but I guess I don't. So that will have to wait till tomorrow. It seems like I made a bit of progress as I can now load into WoW with 60 fps instead of 25-30. Hopefully a bios update will help out. Thank you guys for the help.