New 3D Card Chart @ TheTechReport

They haven't updated their "updated" date (heck 5-10 of the cards weren't even out then), but it's a new chart (as of today or yesterday I think).

<A HREF="http://www.tech-report.com/etc/comparo/graphics/" target="_new">http://www.tech-report.com/etc/comparo/graphics/</A>

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Vimp

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
I noticed it dosn't include some cards such as the 5700 non Ultra. However I'm loving that chart other wise. It even shows my Geforce2 GTS compared to the most recent of cards which is what I've wanted to see for a while now.

Yeah the Volari isn't there either. They also don't have the MAtrox P650, P750 and G/M series but I guess this is primarily a gaming chart.
Perhaps it's a work in progress, it doesn't have the correct update date yet, so maybe it's simply a rough draft.

But really who cares about the FX5700? Sux!

Now that the FX5900XT is in there, now that's important, it also gives a very quick glimpse at the differences, it's not as detailed as the others in the Buyer's guide, but I do like the fact that all of the cards are [linked] to their reviews and additional info. Helps noOobs get and idea of more than just the raw numbers while at the same time supplying them with those raw numbers.

It's my first point of reference all the time, followed by those in the Buyers guide (both of which I think I supplied as well IIRC). In any case it's nice that is no longer shows the R9800PRo and FX5900U as the top cards.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
There's an error in it (well, probably a few, I quickly saw 1 though)...5900=5900U in every category except name.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

Yeah there does seem to be that Typo, I know it was ok before.

I didn't go over it to closely (noticed it just last night when I posted).

I still think it's a work in progress, but yeah if this is their idea of a 'final' version it needs a little more work. I wouldn't e-mail them until the end of the week jst in case.

I did find it interesting they have Revision 2 (V2) of the FX5600 (which alot of lists don't mention).

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Yeah, I'd like to see the info on a few more non-major brand (i.e., not ATi or nVidia), they rarely get anything written about them except when they first come out.

Did you notice that they like the R9600P they named it twice. :wink:

Yeah I'd like to see more of them, but at least they do have the Matrox Parhelia, S3 unlike many.

It's still a good quick reference, just don't use it as a bible.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
LOL! They really do like the 9600Pro.

Question: Are the 9100np (subsequently 8500), 9500np and 9000Pro really so similar in specs or is that another error?

Yeah I always thought that the R9100 was closer to the R8500LE in spec. It doesn't seem right that they have it matched with the regular R8500.

The R9500 does have the same clock speeds as the R8500, but with slight design difference, and supports. That dooesn't mean they perform the same at all since the R8500 has 2 textures per pipe per clock cycle, whereas the R9500 has just one, and the R9500 has PS2 and VS2 advanatages over the R8500's PS1.4/VS1.1

Definitely a little more work needed on the chart.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Then give 9800XT three spots and while your at it quadruple the Parhelia spots (yes, that's right, 8 total for OEM and retail).