Question New 4080 Computer Powers Up No Display

Specs

1000w PSU

Just got brand new 4080 and display is not working everything lights up but no display tried that firmware update no joy kept saying no adapter also got 6+2 and 6+2 and 6 and that leaves gap missing from cable. Anyway to get 4080 working or need new psu because all wired connected but their two pin gab that needs filling

Hey there,

List your full pc specs, including make and model of PSU, ram etc.

Also, what did you update the firmware of/on? Do you mean a driver? Or did you flash the bios on the GPU.

Don't know full psu details only come with two 8 pins and one 6 pin meaning 3 connector not fully connected evga 1000w almost 3 years old so going to buy new psu also tried downloading firmware update on desktop from nivda website to fix Black screen issues

Don't know full psu details only come with two 8 pins and one 6 pin meaning 3 connector not fully connected evga 1000w almost 3 years old so going to buy new psu also tried downloading firmware update on desktop from nivda website to fix Black screen issues
There will be a sticker on the side/back of the PSU that you can take a picture of, and post here.

The 'firmware' you describe is called a Driver. Each component in a PC will have a driver for that device, so windows can recognise the hardware.

Please list your specs, so we can advise you what PSU to buy.

There will be a sticker on the side/back of the PSU that you can take a picture of, and post here.

The 'firmware' you describe is called a Driver. Each component in a PC will have a driver for that device, so windows can recognise the hardware.

Please list your specs, so we can advise you what PSU to buy.

Msi 4080 gaming tio
32gb ram ddr5
Not at home so can't take pic off psu

Looking to get EVGA SuperNOVA G+ 1300 Watt Modular Power Supply/PSU

Eh, it seems the G+ is a little average. I'd rather go for a Corsair RMX1000, Super Flower Leadex iii, Corsair HXi/HX, TXM.
Dose Corsair have 3 vga cables to connect to 4080 because need 3 8 pin ones for that adaptor because gpu power on and no signal and not Detected

0138558_thumb.jpeg

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
Well, impatient aren't we? :D

If your current PSU is modular, your problem might be solved with just an extra cable!
A 1000watt PSU will probably have more than 2 GPU power outputs, maybe even 6!

Well, impatient aren't we? :D

If your current PSU is modular, your problem might be solved with just an extra cable!
A 1000watt PSU will probably have more than 2 GPU power outputs, maybe even 6!
Sorry had bad time past 24 hours went to gaming store to get 4080 and bank blocked card and store closed and today got card no display so needed psu before stores closes again. Spoken to someone and they said this psu has same connecter and don’t.have to use that silly adaptor

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
Sorry had bad time past 24 hours went to gaming store to get 4080 and bank blocked card and store closed and today got card no display so needed psu before stores closes again. Spoken to someone and they said this psu has same connecter and don’t.have to use that silly adaptor
Most people would argue that it's the adaptor that's silly.

I think you're rushing to replace your current PSU and would bet an extra 6+2 cable to go from it to the adaptor will solve your problems.*
A 3 year old 1000Watt PSU should have more than 2 VGA outputs and you might just be missing a cable!

It's your money though 🤷‍♂️. Best of luck!

Most people would argue that it's the adaptor that's silly.

I think you're rushing to replace your current PSU and would bet an extra 6+2 cable to go from it to the adaptor will solve your problems.*
A 3 year old 1000Watt PSU should have more than 2 VGA outputs and you might just be missing a cable!

It's your money though 🤷‍♂️. Best of luck!
Yes I am missing cable misplaced it somewhere but get really paranoid about my psu since lasted this long and had two psu blew up before so having nice fresh psu that supports the gpu fully can take an breath now and normally upgrade psu after gpu upgrade

thanks for all your help

Reactions: Maebius

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
Yes I am missing cable misplaced it somewhere but get really paranoid about my psu since lasted this long and had two psu blew up before so having nice fresh psu that supports the gpu fully can take an breath now and normally upgrade psu after gpu upgrade

thanks for all your help
That's ok... you can never be too paranoid about your power supply! 3 years isn't a lot if time to start worrying unless you have high humidity and/or dust.

Enjoy your new card and don't misplace cables as the next one might need 6 outputs:p (hope not, this is getting out of hand!)