Discussion New 4K Config

Nov 22, 2022
Hi,

I don't really know where to post this thread sorry.

With the new generations of CPU and GPU, I decided to get a brand new PC and sell my old one from 2018 rather mid-range.

Here is the config I would like to have to be able to play in 4k max settings (I guess) :
CASENZXT H510 Flow
RAM Kingston FURY Beast 2x16GB DDR 6000Mhz
AIO MSI WAK MAG CoreLiquid P240
CPU Intel Core i5-13600K
MB ASUS MB TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
POWER SUPPLYCorsair RM1000x 1000W - 80 Plus Gold
SSD SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB
GPURADEON RX 7900 XTX (When it will be released with the tests etc...)

The configuration is worth a little over 2000.

Do you validate or I pay too much or not enough for my request?

Thanks in advance! :) :)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would avoid MSI AIO. The whole MAG series has issues and MSI isn't really making efforts to fix it. They claim only a small number are effected, but everyone has examples where they fail prematurely.

Can't say I agree with the need for a 980 Pro, but nothing wrong with it. You might not need a 1000W power supply, but given prices, it is a fine choice.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Nov 22, 2022
I would avoid MSI AIO. The whole MAG series has issues and MSI isn't really making efforts to fix it. They claim only a small number are effected, but everyone has examples where they fail prematurely.

Can't say I agree with the need for a 980 Pro, but nothing wrong with it. You might not need a 1000W power supply, but given prices, it is a fine choice.

Thanks for your response !

I will choose another AIO.

For the 980 Pro and 1000W power supply I have chosen with black friday discount, it was a good deal.

There is no issue with my motherborad 6th gen for 13th gen cpu ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You may require a BIOS update to run a 13th gen chip, and it doesn't support CPUless flashing. Worst case, you have to take it in to a PC repair shop to have them flash it with a 12th gen CPU.

That or pick a Z790 board or get a Z690 board with USB flashback.

Nov 22, 2022
You may require a BIOS update to run a 13th gen chip, and it doesn't support CPUless flashing. Worst case, you have to take it in to a PC repair shop to have them flash it with a 12th gen CPU.

That or pick a Z790 board or get a Z690 board with USB flashback.

Okey thanks

I founded this : https://www.asus.com/ch-en/motherbo...gaming/tuf-gaming-z690-plus/helpdesk_qvl_cpu/

It says the motherboard can support the 13th gen since bios 2004.

And the Version 2004 was released on 2022/09/16.

Technically if I buy the motherboard now, it will be supported no ?