[SOLVED] New 5700 XT faulty? Crashes on launching any game or benchmark

Feb 4, 2020
I installed a new Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT in my system and whenever I launch any game or benchmark I lose video output and the system becomes unresponsive. Up until now I've been running an EVGA 1070Ti SC in the same system and its worked fine.

System:
Gigabyte Z390 UD (flashed to F10c BIOS)
Intel 9600K (not overclocked)
Corsair 16GB RAM 3000Mhz
Corsair TX650M power supply
Windows 10 pro ver 1909

For troubleshooting I did a fresh install of windows 10, the only drivers I installed are the 3 chipset drivers for the mobo and the graphics driver, installed with adrenaline (tried both 20.1.3 and 20.2.1)

Running Unigine Superposition benchmark caused the system to instantly crash (no BSOD)
so I tried running Performance test from passmark. it runs all the 2D benchmarks fine, except the windows interface test which caused a crash.
for 3D benches the GPU compute ran okay but any other test causes a crash.
Any game I tried running before (Age of Empires II HD, Worms, Witcher III) have crashed the system.

I did once get a BSOD stating Video_TDR_Failure and atikmpag.sys

I've re-seated the card and reinstalled drivers many times during this, flashed the latest BIOS, disabled X.M.P and I'm out of ideas, is it possible it's just a faulty card? is there anything else worth trying before I ask for a replacement?

thanks,

- Tom

Solution
Thanks for all the suggestions, turns out for me it was a faulty card. 'Scan' sent me a new one and I've had no issues with it. Running well on both Windows 10 and OSX Catalina.
Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for all the suggestions, turns out for me it was a faulty card. 'Scan' sent me a new one and I've had no issues with it. Running well on both Windows 10 and OSX Catalina.

Solution