Question New 6700 XT won't boot

Mar 2, 2023
I have a new Sapphire Pulse 6700 XT GPU that I think may have failed.

I installed the card into Lenovo Thinkstation P510 in the top x16 slot with the built-in 6 and 6+2 power connectors. This replace the Nvidia K620 the PC came with and the PSU is 850 watts, which should support this GPU. The computer initially booted up and I was able to install the TriXX software to update drivers.

After gaming for a few minutes the PC crashed and wouldn't post. The fans on the card wouldn't spin. Tried moving the card to the 2nd x16 slot with the same results. Putting the K620 back in the PC runs normally.

I tried installing the 6700 XT into another PC (DIY build, 5900X w/ 850watt PSU) and it also wouldn't POST and the fans wouldn't spin.

Can this card be recovered?

Thank you in advance for your help.

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
Could be anything from the PSU going bad to some problems with the cabling. But seems to be a dead card afterall... In the other DIY PC should work or at least post but nothing. So yeah, if its new as you said, just return it and get another one. thanks RMA :)

Mar 2, 2023
Could be anything from the PSU going bad to some problems with the cabling. But seems to be a dead card afterall... In the other DIY PC should work or at least post but nothing. So yeah, if its new as you said, just return it and get another one. thanks RMA :)

Right. It's new from Newegg, so not looking forward to the RMA process.

Unfortunately there's not much I can do about the cabling or PSU. It's a custom PSU that plugs directly into the motherboard and the only power cables are the 6+2 and 6 pins that originate from the backside of the board.