New A7A266 system will not POST

G

Just put together a new box with A7A266, Athlon 1.33, 512 meg Micron PC-2100, Visiontek Geforce3, used 250w power supply and case. I'm not a guru, but this is my 3rd system build. This is the first one that will not POST. Fans come on, power and activity leds light, after several seconds, activity led goes out. No video initialization. No beeps from BIOS. Removed in succession, cards, CPU, RAM, ide and floppy cables: same results(without activity led after cables removed). Not even an error beep. Power supply was being used in a K7V Athlon 800 system, I believe it is fine. What am I missing here? Thanks for any help.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Any chance of trying some different components? Like a different CPU, different RAM, etc? Might not be do-able without a friend who's got the stuff. though.

Also, 250W is a little low with that GF3, but I suspect it should at least POST. But one never knows.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

G

Update: I sent the CPU back because I only had the 15 day warranty, they tested it and said it was bad and a new one is on it's way. I sent the MOBO back because even with award bios, it should at least beep without any CPU, RAM, etc. installed. Still don't know the disposition of the MOBO, it is sent back to ASUS by the vendor for testing. I picked up an Enlight 340w PS to use when I get everything back together, til then.....

TRENDING THREADS