New Acer laptop questions/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harut2000

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
Hey after buying a new acer laptop I have some problems/questions

1) How do I turn keyboard backlight off during the day? It seems it turns on when I type but its board daylight so its just draining power, how can I turn it off and on manually?

2) When using windows explorer or on the desktop, if I click on an item (say My Computer ) it checkmarks it on the upper left side! It may not do anything but its kind of annoying, how can I turn this off?

3) Is there any bloatware on the Acer V Aspire? I don't want any junk. (don't say go download CCleaner, just tell me if you know any bloatware)

4) The mouse kind of feels unnatural or somehow bad, has anyone else had this problem? (probably just me getting used to it)

Thank you very much.

Solution
1. There should be a button to turn the backlight off, it should be fn+f1-f12. Its one of those, depending on your laptop. Laptops I've worked on were usual!y fn+f5 or fn+f12

2. You have to enter that folder, click view at the top > folder options > view > remove use check boxes option

3.In terms of bloatware, hard to tell without actually having the laptop, but I wouldn't worry about it as you can uninstall them, or open msconfig with the startup tab, to disable them from even starting up when you login to windows

Should I add always add a restore point before doing this, in case you accidentally remove a driver file or other important file, so you can fix it easily.

4. Not so sure about the mouse. I had a gaming laptop before and...

Reyaz123

Admirable
1. There should be a button to turn the backlight off, it should be fn+f1-f12. Its one of those, depending on your laptop. Laptops I've worked on were usual!y fn+f5 or fn+f12

2. You have to enter that folder, click view at the top > folder options > view > remove use check boxes option

3.In terms of bloatware, hard to tell without actually having the laptop, but I wouldn't worry about it as you can uninstall them, or open msconfig with the startup tab, to disable them from even starting up when you login to windows

Should I add always add a restore point before doing this, in case you accidentally remove a driver file or other important file, so you can fix it easily.

4. Not so sure about the mouse. I had a gaming laptop before and just bought a mouse that felt comfortable and connected it to my laptop

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.