New 'Alice: Madness Returns' Looks Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0rilla

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
[citation][nom]LetUsAdvance[/nom]"looks awesome". Is that your subjective opinion, Kevin? Cause I don't know, I thought this was supposed to be an objective news article and all. It's about time Tom's hired some real journalists for this section.[/citation]

Yeah if he's going based on looks, graphics look about the same as the previous version.

Tom's has no real journalists. They just re-post everything on Engadget 2 days later and call it news, which is unacceptable in the internet age.

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]g0rilla[/nom]Yeah if he's going based on looks, graphics look about the same as the previous version. Tom's has no real journalists. They just re-post everything on Engadget 2 days later and call it news, which is unacceptable in the internet age.[/citation]

If you find it that lame.... why are you here again?

christop

Distinguished
So you people think you can do a better job? Why is it you are not working for bestofmedia? O thats right cause you have no skills at all.. If you don't like the reviews go some where ells and troll..

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]g0rilla[/nom]Yeah if he's going based on looks, graphics look about the same as the previous version. Tom's has no real journalists. They just re-post everything on Engadget 2 days later and call it news, which is unacceptable in the internet age.[/citation]

Not sure what version you played, but the one I played was indicative of the graphics abilities of 10 years ago. The art style and "feel" appears the same, but the graphics seem reasonably updated for current generation systems.

My only beef with the American Mgee Alice was there wasn't that ambiguity between "is this real? or is it only a dream?" You kind of throw that out the window mid way.

Loved the style, I enjoyed the Movie and it made me think very much of the previous game. I wonder how much it was influenced by the game version?

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I'll admit it does look great. This gives me hope that they'll also release a sequel to Clive Barker's Undying, which was a very similar game that came out the same time as the original Alice.

cliff

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
The original was brilliant. The writing, the gameplay, the finale - perfect. Not to mention it was a visual masterpiece for the time, which INSTANTLY put American McGee on the map (fame he later squandered on a string of awful games). And that soundtrack... Dear God, go to YouTube and look up some of the tracks used in the original Alice.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
[citation][nom]LetUsAdvance[/nom]"looks awesome". Is that your subjective opinion, Kevin? [/citation]

hey asshole, it does look fucking awesome.

its not his opinion if its a cold hard fact

Status
Not open for further replies.