new All You Can Eat plan

So Nextel's formerly $200 all you can eat plan is down to under $100,
but doesn't include long distance at that price. That's OK; I can use a
calling card.

Any opinions on this? I can get it through our corporate rate for about
$81/month. Includes unlimited nights, weekends, and direct connect.

I'm about to pull the trigger on this. But, my current Cingular service
that I've had for a couple years now is great for the boonies (no
roaming anywhere, wherever there's a signal I can make what amounts to a
local call). Not that I'm in the boonies much, but hey, the flexibility
is very nice to have.

So going back to Nextel means staying in major metropolitan areas and on
major highways.

Thoughts?

Scott

where did you find it for <$100? the web site says $199

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in message
> So Nextel's formerly $200 all you can eat plan is down to under $100,
> but doesn't include long distance at that price. That's OK; I can use a
> calling card.
>
> Any opinions on this? I can get it through our corporate rate for about
> $81/month. Includes unlimited nights, weekends, and direct connect.
>
> I'm about to pull the trigger on this. But, my current Cingular service
> that I've had for a couple years now is great for the boonies (no
> roaming anywhere, wherever there's a signal I can make what amounts to a
> local call). Not that I'm in the boonies much, but hey, the flexibility
> is very nice to have.
>
> So going back to Nextel means staying in major metropolitan areas and on
> major highways.
>
> Thoughts?

I would say that if you don`t use the Direct Connect at work or
frequently,go Verizon.Nextel limited coverage,in your case,sounds like a
decisive factor for Verizon.However if Direct Connect is an absolute
neccesity to conduct your busine$$,stick with Nextel and skip the boonies!

In article <107arnfalc8e9e@corp.supernews.com>,
"Scott" <ss@gcfoporg,com> wrote:

> where did you find it for <$100? the web site says $199

Well, I guess I didn't go to the main Nextel site. Nextel's page for my
corporate deals shows that the old $199 all you can eat (which was $163
for us) is gone, in favor of a new all you can eat that retails at $99
(and I get it for $82)--

--BUT it doesn't include any long distance. That's 20 cents/minute
extra (my foot; I'd use my company calling card, but that's a major
hassle, even with a well-programmed phone).