Willow_123

Reputable
Jun 8, 2019
Hi,

I have today built a new systems:

Mobo - ASUS PRIME X670E-PRO Wifi
CPU - 7950x
GPU - 4090 Supreme
RAM - Corsair Vengance DDR5 x 2 16Gbs 6000Mhz.
AIO - NZXT Z73
PSU - HX1200 (1200W)

I have gone over this from every angle but the system will not turn on. When I turn on the PSU, the lights come on but when I push the power Button it wont turn on. THe motherboard LED display where it has some RGB does cycle up but nothing happens after that.

I have tried switching to another PSU I have, corsair 850W and still the same behaviour. I have tripled checked all the connections and nothing.

Picture below of the Lights turning on, on the mobo

https://wtf.roflcopter.fr/pics/random?i=t1ccHhqi/PqygDMQM

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Willow_123

Reputable
Jun 8, 2019
Well, I'd advise you to start by removing the GPU and try to boot it. Then one DIMM at a time.
I have started again from the beginning, and still the same. When I hit the power button on the mother board nothing happens and I get a loud clicking noise from the PSU, I also tried it with a working PSU and I get the same behaviour.
Any other ideas? I’m starting to think it’s a dead mobo

Last edited:

Pyrostemplar

Commendable
Aug 21, 2020
I have started again from the beginning, and still the same. When I hit the power button on the mother board nothing happens and I get a loud clicking noise from the PSU, I also tried it with a working PSU and I get the same behaviour.
Any other ideas? I’m starting to think it’s a dead mobo
It might be a bad mobo - only to be sure is trying out another CPU.

Anyway, if you haven't already, try to disconnect everything but the PSU power cables (24 pin and the CPU PCIe power), CPU, cooler and one DIMM. That includes every case connector to the motherboard, so no case power button will be available to start the system.

If it still doesn't start, change the DIMM and the DIMM socket.

If still doesn't work, the last resort thing I remember is to take the mobo out of the case (it already happened to me that a system didn't boot because there was a connection between it and the case, due to a misplaced riser).

Reactions: Willow_123

Willow_123

Reputable
Jun 8, 2019
It might be a bad mobo - only to be sure is trying out another CPU.

Anyway, if you haven't already, try to disconnect everything but the PSU power cables (24 pin and the CPU PCIe power), CPU, cooler and one DIMM. That includes every case connector to the motherboard, so no case power button will be available to start the system.

If it still doesn't start, change the DIMM and the DIMM socket.

If still doesn't work, the last resort thing I remember is to take the mobo out of the case (it already happened to me that a system didn't boot because there was a connection between it and the case, due to a misplaced riser).
Hi,

I disconnected everything except for the cooler, DIM and CPU, still nothing. Tried every combination of DIMs, also flashed the bios and reset the CMOS, nothing. I have now re-packaged and sending back tomorrow, I have ordered more RAM and new MOBO, hopefully retry this again next week.

I did try and put my AMD 5800x into the mobo but it won’t fit; the am5 mobo doesn’t allow for the 5000 chip set

Thanks for the help.

Jan 15, 2023
@Willow_123 - does your power supply have a on/off switch on it (inside the case)? Some PSUs have such a button, which you would first need to flip on.
Also, if you accidentally set the plastic pin connector on the CMOS reset pins your motherboard will not boot, though it will the moment you remove it from the CMOS pins.
Hopefully it helps.

Last edited:
Hi,

I disconnected everything except for the cooler, DIM and CPU, still nothing. Tried every combination of DIMs, also flashed the bios and reset the CMOS, nothing. I have now re-packaged and sending back tomorrow, I have ordered more RAM and new MOBO, hopefully retry this again next week.

I did try and put my AMD 5800x into the mobo but it won’t fit; the am5 mobo doesn’t allow for the 5000 chip set

Thanks for the help.
You are 100% sure you connected the CPU power to top left of motherboard?

Oct 11, 2023
Ever get this figured out? I’m building a new system and having the same issue. I’ve already rma’d the board thinking it was possible culprit and zero change. About to rma the cpu as I’ve tested everything every different way I can think of and it just won’t power up.