Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
Hi all !
So here's the deal we bought a brand new pc for our 3d and motion graphics design studio and things didn't turn out as excpected , it's a total mess , ae projects even the smallest keeps crashing so is c4d renderings with long rendering times ,fans are spinning like crazy with loud noises .
Pc specs :
Cpu : ryzen 9 3950x (cooled with Asus ROG RYUO 240 RGB AIO)
Mobo: asus tuf gaming plus x570
Ram : 32gb @3000mhz (xmp off)
Gpu : nvidia rtx 2080
Psu : gamemax 850watt gold rated
Storage : 960gb emtec ssd+ 2tb seagate 7200 rpm
Bios updated to the latest version
With a newly installed windows
I did lately some temps testing with hwmonitor while rendering some c4d scene this is the outcome https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-fRXElKcVBs6dNwENc0Yj8MG7-RUFmqL/view?usp=drivesdk
Is there something wrong with this build ?
Any help is appreciated .

Last edited:
Solution
Looking through your specs, the Gamemax PSU stands out. I can hardly find any proffesional reviews of the unit, and google lists a few threads from this forum, where people strongly advise against that particular brand.

You have a system that needs a good amount of power, and some of the symptoms you describe, can sometimes be caused by poor power delivery.

I'm aware the PSU is listed as a 850 Watt unit, but sometimes specs on certain PSUs are not completely accurate

It is not neccessarily the problem, but it might be worth looking into
Looking through your specs, the Gamemax PSU stands out. I can hardly find any proffesional reviews of the unit, and google lists a few threads from this forum, where people strongly advise against that particular brand.

You have a system that needs a good amount of power, and some of the symptoms you describe, can sometimes be caused by poor power delivery.

I'm aware the PSU is listed as a 850 Watt unit, but sometimes specs on certain PSUs are not completely accurate

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8ter
Solution

Sk8ter

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014

I did some further researh and yes you're right that psu is pure junk guess who ever built this machine knew nothing about pcs .
I just found out that amd is recommending a specific range of aio's for cooling the 3950x with the minimum of 280mm which is not the case with my actual pc, this feels like a total rip-off to me , look at this that psu efficiency is rated 90+ gold and it's on the official website what a joke !!! 😠 , any way thanks for the help .