[SOLVED] New AMD build. Win10 installer crashes every time.

Jan 19, 2019
My first build - hopefully someone can shed some light on this one.

Specs and screenshot below.

BIOS boots up nicely. It states that RAM is 2133 MHz eventhough the sticks are 3000. Don't know if that's an issue.

I'm trying to install an OS by changing the boot order to UEFI usb key as number one.
I have used the Media Creation Tool 1809 on another computer, and have created a boot disk for Windows 10.
The installer crashes after less than 5 seconds - the dots on the logo appears and then stops spinning, and the PC becomes unresponsive.

I have tried with Windows 7 ISO made with PowerISO - same thing happens. Installer launches but crashes almost at once.

All efforts were made with the same 16GB Sandisk thumb drive - seems to work flawless everywhere else, could that possibly be the culprit?
NO CPU or DDR error leds are lit on the MB.

I have tried with and without A-XMP and WHQL - although I am unsure of what they do.
I have also tried with the HDD disconnected and only one stick of RAM. No change.
I have updated BIOS to the most recent 7B85v13, then rolled back to 7B85v10 (I got the impression that some users had issues with the USB ports in 13)

Specs:
MB: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz
RAM: DDR4 32GB PC 3000 CL15 CORSAIR KIT (2x16GB) Vengeance LPX retail
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070ti Gaming
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Sata3
HDD: HGST Western Digital Ultrastar 4TB (I have tried with this disconnected)
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold - 750W

Here's what my BIOS looks like:
https://imgur.com/a/ubsS723

Very very grateful for any advice - I have several work deadlines coming up and I need this system....
Also bear with me.. I've been a mac user for the last 10+ years and am just now migrating back to PC.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from viktor.samgard : "Installer crashes after few seconds. New AMD build."

TRENDING THREADS