New amd catalyst

PYAO

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Hey guys i just updated my old amd catalyst into the 15.12 version. The problem here is that i can't overclock my gpu at all with this update. the moment I touch my memory clock my gpu temperature immediately rise to 40 degree and won't go back down even when i do nothing at all. It also lock my memory clock and i can't go back to the default memory clock setting. For example the default memory clock speed was 1400 if i go up to 1445 and hit apply and immediately hit the reset button it won't go back to 1400 and it is stuck at 1445 and wont go lower.

Yep. It is still bugged. I had the same issue, we are the only two people in the world that has the problem though so there is little chance of getting a fix.

What card are you using? I was using an R9 280 that I bought specifically for overclocking and it was great stuff until the new drivers broke it all. You can use DDU to uninstall them then reinstall without the control center thing then just use MSI afterburner to OC it. Right now it seems to be the only option.

PYAO

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

I have the R7 370, everything was alright with the old catalyst untill yesterday it say there is a new version and updated it. After that i tried overclocking it and it just kinda like derp.

Yeah unfortunately a lot of functionality that I required was removed as well. The video color options for some reason always default to the limited one so every video appears washed out. Don't know why they removed it but whatever. I switched to a Nvidia GTX 970 because of the drivers. I play Elite Dangerous and it was critically bugged in that game up until the very newest version of the driver. Talk about crazy timing. I ordered the 970 and the very next day they released fixed drivers for the game, go figure. Oh well. My new card works in every game I play and there are options in the control panel, that is all that really matters to me.

PYAO

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

Welp, now that i know there is no fix to it I uninstalled it and reinstall it using the disk that came in with the r7 370 and will never update it.

PYAO

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

i was using 15.11, thats where the problem is