[SOLVED] New AMD CPU, No Post on Monitor

NoobieHardware

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
I recently upgraded my old AMD Ryzen 3 3200g to an AMD Ryzen 5 2600. When I switched the 3200g to 2600, I started to not get a post from my monitor. My motherboard has a debug LED on it so, it's kind of easy to know what's going on. The CPU LED is on, and my CPU fan is loud and fast. Is there something going on with my CPU or is it something else on the motherboard? The info about my PC is below. All my PC parts are about 2 months old. Ever since I put this new CPU in, it's been hard to get through the bootup sequence. I have my 3200g in as I'm typing this. What should I do?

Product Name: B450I GAMING PLUS AC
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Ver.2004 (OS build 19041.329)
BIOS Version: A.B0
BIOS Release Date: 11/12/2019
Memory: 16 GB
8 GB DDR4-2667, Kingston 99U5702-085.A00G
8 GB DDR4-2667, Kingston 99U5702-085.A00G
PSU: EVGA 750w Bronze

Solution
Hello, thanks for replying.
@R_1, I have an RTX 2060 KO, and that's what I've been using. Sorry for not adding that I had a GPU installed.

@jwcrellin, I did that already. I also used a different motherboard, and it didn't post anything on it, too.

I did find out what was wrong. I took it to a PC repair shop for a free diagnosis, they found out that it was a faulty CPU as it didn't post on their PC's, and tried a few different motherboards, too. So, I'm in talks about doing an RMA warranty with AMD themselves. I hope everything works out.

jwcrellin

Reputable
I'd try a different bios, sometimes there are minor differences between for example 1.0.3A and 1.0.2B and if you are having trouble with the most current, go back one iteration.
Also, like said above, the 2600 has no igpu, that may be why you are getting no output to monitor.

NoobieHardware

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Hello, thanks for replying.
@R_1, I have an RTX 2060 KO, and that's what I've been using. Sorry for not adding that I had a GPU installed.

@jwcrellin, I did that already. I also used a different motherboard, and it didn't post anything on it, too.

I did find out what was wrong. I took it to a PC repair shop for a free diagnosis, they found out that it was a faulty CPU as it didn't post on their PC's, and tried a few different motherboards, too. So, I'm in talks about doing an RMA warranty with AMD themselves. I hope everything works out.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS