News New AMD Ryzen 3000 Overclocking Mounting Brackets Debut for Just $33

alextheblue

Distinguished
I use big air coolers like the aforementioned Noctuas, so I'm not going to buy one, but I would like to see them independently tested with an AIO. Always nice to know what works, so we're better able to make recommendations for those who do WC.

Makaveli

Splendid
I would be interested in testing this but they only show the ASUS Prime X570-P on their list and I have the ASUS Prime X570-Pro though I can't see much difference between the boards by the socket.

Last edited:

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
It makes sense given that the Micro Fin Channel array doesn't usually cover the whole Heat Spreader in most AiO's / Water Cooling blocks. When you overlay the the Micro Fin Channel array and compare it to where the CCD's are physically located on the Ryzen 3000 series chips, it makes sense.

Shortest path for heat to travel and go straight out perpendicularly. And if the heat hits the flat side of the cooling block, it'll be the least optimum side for heat removale compared to the Micro Fin Channel array.

From someone else I would consider this as a snake oil, but Der8auer has a tendency to be right when he says so. Interesting device in anyway and definitely a worth of investigation!
That's exactly what I was thinking. He's at least as reliable as info straight from AMD/Intel. (He's been to the Intel Overclocking Lab, right?)

It's pretty crazy that there's pro-overclockers like him that are pretty much "tech celebrities". Is he the one that made the Intel de-lidding tool a couple years back?

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
From someone else I would consider this as a snake oil, but Der8auer has a tendency to be right when he says so. Interesting device in anyway and definitely a worth of investigation!

Errr....why would be it a snake oil?? This is just a bracket to allow you to offset the waterblock.

Although real gain may not be 7C but there will definite be some minor gains (depending on your block design and surface of the heat spreader too).

For those big water blocks, I doubt there will much much of a difference. But for small blocks, it will be visible.

Errr....why would be it a snake oil?? This is just a bracket to allow you to offset the waterblock.
Because tons of people sell tech items that are supposed to improve performance, such as fans for RAM. If it were from someone else, I'd have no reason to assume they knew better than AMD about applying heatsinks or dissipating heat, "but Der8auer has a tendency to be right when he says so."

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
This will likely be rendered obsolete as soon as air cooler and waterblock makers catch up with the changes in CPU package hot spots.

While their adjustable mount may work now, as soon as you get a design where CPU core chiplets are on either side of the bridge chip, then any movement will reduce performance.
We will likely see changes to optimize the layout of the heatpipes, or establish better thermal conductivity between them to ensure that multiple hotspots can be better handled.

Right now they are focused on just a single hotspot in the center.

ron baker

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Amd will have to start marking the positions of the underlying components on the heat spreader .. altho this could have problems on re-harvested dies
Debauer was away from computing while he apperaed in the Xmen movies as the ??Nitecrawler

urbanman2004

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
I would be interested in testing this but they only show the ASUS Prime X570-P on their list and I have the ASUS Prime X570-Pro though I can't see much difference between the boards by the socket.
Lucky me that I own the ASUS Prime X570-P and I still won't buy one since I have my 3700X cooled by a BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler.