[SOLVED] New and clueless , pc data storage error needs to be replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

it´s small nightmare for me but i cant procrastinate any longer on my hard drive issue. There is no PC store in my city therefore im placing my hopes here.

The hard driver or storage where the system files are saved in and booted from has been acting up today and i even got the error message to turn the pc off and replace the storage thing?...
the message also said to make back up from the storage disk or driver...honestly im sure how to do this too.

This is something i have never done and im totally feeling clueless about it , but have to do it before that please take look at the operating system.

(as additional info the pc is pretty old...still don't want to replace him he has been here for such long time im hoping maybe few parts to replace will seal the deal hopefully)

Summary
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 975
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-870A-USB3 (Socket M2) 35 °C
Graphics
S22C300 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (ZOTAC International) 47 °C
Storage
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA ) 33 °C
57GB SanDisk Ultra USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22LS50 ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

P:S: Please do recommend me anything you might think could be helpful, thank you so much in advance! And no worries about me replacing the parts I'm ready to watch tons of videos on it until i wont feel scared to try it.

Solution
Any 3.5" SATA hard drive will work. Basically all of them on the market that aren't intended for laptops.

Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, Hitachi, Samsung are the only brands remaining. Typical 1TB drive should be around $40.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That message on boot is just telling you to remove the USB drive you have plugged in. It is trying to boot from it and it isn't bootable.

As to the message about backing something up, not sure what could be causing that. May just be instructions for creating a recovery drive.

When that USB device is not plugged in, does the system behave properly?

Sep 16, 2022
That message on boot is just telling you to remove the USB drive you have plugged in. It is trying to boot from it and it isn't bootable.

As to the message about backing something up, not sure what could be causing that. May just be instructions for creating a recovery drive.

When that USB device is not plugged in, does the system behave properly?

Sorry for my USB stick being on the list!

there are only normal files inside it without any program being able to do this recovery save thing i think

its such bummer this error message is in German but i can try to translate it somehow like this:

"Hard drive error! It is highly recommended to do safety back up on your PC to protect yourself from loss of data.
After you have made safety back up call your next hardware supporter, the following information should help to identify the problem on your failing hard driver"
"Harddrivername: ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device
Volume: C:\"

it is not good translation but still i hope it helps somehow...

USAFRet

Titan
The system is detecting a fail on the hard drive.

It is telling you to do some sort of backup of the data, because that drive is about to die completely. Indeed, it may already be too late.

This is a 500GB HDD, well over a decade old.
They die, and there's not much you can do about it.

Sep 16, 2022
@Eximo i think it is from Microsoft but honestly cant tell if its genuine.

Please would you suggest me a hard drive to replace my old one?...im sorry i really have no idea what might even fit inside my pc...

it´s such nightmare for me , have watched since yesterday how to make a back up from a hard drive and bought an external hard drive to save all of my pictures and music.

thank you so much for your replies.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Any 3.5" SATA hard drive will work. Basically all of them on the market that aren't intended for laptops.

Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, Hitachi, Samsung are the only brands remaining. Typical 1TB drive should be around $40.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.