New and First build with no display

Aug 8, 2018
Alright so this is my first ever build and I cannot get any Display on any screen. I’ve used both integrated graphics and my GPU. When I plug it into either of my TV’s the option for a new connection pops up then says there is no signal. I’ve also used my monitor that know works with my prebuilt PC.

Parts:
Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 Coffee Lake 6-Core 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 65W BX80684I58400 Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630

CPU Fan: CRYORIG C7 - 47mm Tall, SFF Mini ITX CPU Heatsink

GPU: EVGA GTX 750 TI

RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Desktop Memory Model TLGD416G2400HC14DC01

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, 220-G3-0750-X1, 80+ GOLD, 750W Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode with New HDB Fan, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply

Hard drive: Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive

Disk Drive: ASUS ZenDrive Ultra-slim External DVD Re-writer MacOS Compatible Model SDRW-08U7M-U/BLK/G/AS

Case: Master cooler Master-Box Lite 5

Case fans 4x: Arctic BioniX F120, Gaming Fan with PWM PST, 120mm

Please help me I need this PC for school

Solution
Well when using a GPU card only the ports on the card will carry a video signal. Any video ports on the motherboard along with the iGPU are auto-disabled.

When you tried using the motherboard ports did you leave the GPU card plugged in still? If so remove the GPU and try again.

If that still doesn't work try removing one stick on RAM and try it in each RAM slot. Repeat this with the other stick. If it works with both then try it with both sticks again. Try the different RAM slots if necessary, your motherboard manual should state which RAM slots should be used.

If some combination of that works then you know the problem is with just the GPU.
Well when using a GPU card only the ports on the card will carry a video signal. Any video ports on the motherboard along with the iGPU are auto-disabled.

When you tried using the motherboard ports did you leave the GPU card plugged in still? If so remove the GPU and try again.

If that still doesn't work try removing one stick on RAM and try it in each RAM slot. Repeat this with the other stick. If it works with both then try it with both sticks again. Try the different RAM slots if necessary, your motherboard manual should state which RAM slots should be used.

If some combination of that works then you know the problem is with just the GPU.

Solution
make sure the brass standoffs were used to keep the mb from shorting out. on the edge of the mb is a eps power plug. on your power supply will be two 4 pin or one eight pin cpu cable make sure that plugged in and not the 6 plus 2 video cable. if there no post try the mb on top of the mb box with one ram dimm. on the mb check the bios rev of the mb make sure your mb will post with that new cpu and bios rev.

Aug 8, 2018
I just remembered that this GPU 100% works because it came from my old pc. I have pulled out the GPU and used just the mb integrated graphics port and nothing happened I am trying to move around the ram sticks now

Aug 8, 2018
Is the brass stand off you are talking about for the GPU? if so im pretty sure it’s on there. There are two ports for GPU cards one of them has a metal casing on it and the other does not