[SOLVED] New (and first) PC build problems

Dec 13, 2020
Hi guys! first time, but lemme jump into it:

My computer, which I just finished, isn't working.
The motherboard gets power, its LEDs come up, and the on board power button lights up, but when try to turn it one, I get nothing.

Here's my parts and case:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GG9C4d

After assembly, it just isn't functioning, and I frankly don't know enough to figure it out.
Could you please advise me on what's going wrong?

Dec 13, 2020
That mobo has an LED on it (Q-LED I think in your manual). Does it give you a hint what the issue is?
The light doesn't come on, unless I unplug some cable or remove the CPU.

Well, after some futzing around, I made the PSU work without plugging it into the motherboard. All the fans were on, all the lights were going, but then after I plugged it into the board, it all stopped and only the lights on the motherboard were working.
Think its an issue with the motherboard, don't know what else it could be

The light doesn't come on, unless I unplug some cable or remove the CPU.

Well, after some futzing around, I made the PSU work without plugging it into the motherboard. All the fans were on, all the lights were going, but then after I plugged it into the board, it all stopped and only the lights on the motherboard were working.
Think its an issue with the motherboard, don't know what else it could be

You were not connecting things with power to the PSU correct? For a first build you could have missed a lot of things, did you go over all the parts to make sure everything is seated properly, cables are where they should be, no extra cables plugged in if not needed? Motherboard installed with stand-offs? Check CPU for bent pins? Maybe a good idea to find a friend or relative that knows about computers to look it over with you.

Dec 13, 2020
You were not connecting things with power to the PSU correct? For a first build you could have missed a lot of things, did you go over all the parts to make sure everything is seated properly, cables are where they should be, no extra cables plugged in if not needed? Motherboard installed with stand-offs? Check CPU for bent pins? Maybe a good idea to find a friend or relative that knows about computers to look it over with you.

I checked everything, asked several people, and other than it being a motherboard issue, we don't know what it could be.
Sent the motherboard back to the manufacturer, if it is that, I'll see an improvement, if i isn't the motherboard, then we'll do another re-check for all wires, and ensure nothing else could be damaged.

Dec 13, 2020
Your parts list shows a potential compatibility issue with mobo bios and CPU. Have you updated bios?

I wasn't able to. As there was no output, I didn't have a clue what I could be doing, and it was too great a risk unless I could get the motherboard to work with the rest of the pc.
Thanks for the suggestion, it helps, but It simply isn't feasible.

johnsoner13

Respectable