Question New and future games with RT on Win7

It seems that real time ray tracing will be the future of pc gaming but currently it requires dx12 thus win10 to be able to function.
according to this:
Microsoft may be working on making dx12 work on windows 7
Does anyone know if its true and does this also mean that we will be able to have RT on win7 as well?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since mainstream support for Win 7 ended on January 13, 2015; extended support for Win 7 will end on January 14, 2020 and due to this, i don't think Micro$oft would be spending time making Win 7 compatible with DX12. Once the ball drops in 4 months, M$ would say this:"If you want DX12 support, upgrade to Win 10.".

Reactions: chickenballs
Since mainstream support for Win 7 ended on January 13, 2015; extended support for Win 7 will end on January 14, 2020 and due to this, i don't think Micro$oft would be spending time making Win 7 compatible with DX12. Once the ball drops in 4 months, M$ would say this:"If you want DX12 support, upgrade to Win 10.".

is there a modded version of win10 without the appstore and other bloatware that is still update-able?

There's a factory version with no store, metro apps or Cortana: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 will receive security updates but no "feature updates" until January 2029

yeah assuming its just a newer version of the LTSB

"Windows 10 LTSB might look very attractive for users who do not like Metro/Universal apps and prefer the more functional desktop applications. Unfortunately, there is no legal way to get this edition for a home user or even a small business customer "

Maybe I should have asked if anyone knows how to install Windows 10 Home or Pro without Universal Windows Platform
I guess I will have to make a new thread later on

Last edited:
Well there's NTLite, but you'll still be asked to install a new feature update every 6 months with fresh bloat.

I assume there is no way to really get rid of the UWP
but why is there no legal way to get the LTSC though
I am sure quite a lot of people would want it over a regular version with bloat
I guess they haven't changed much since their iExplorer controversy many years ago...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
One possible solution after Win 7 expires, is to use any preferred GNU/Linux distro as main OS. And for games, either play those that support GNU/Linux OR virtualize Win 10 under GNU/Linux for DX12 support.

The above is my main plan since i won't be getting Win 10 as my main OS. There is so much wrong with Win 10 that there's no point for me to list them all. But main factor is that Win 10 is service while Win 7 is finished product.