[SOLVED] New and weird buzzing sound and 1-sec freeze when loading fornite

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Video here:
Also bugs out my discord call, I can't hear or talk to my mates... I have to rejoin the call

PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W 80Plus Gold Fixed
CPU: 5950x
GPU: 2070s
MB: TUF Gaming x570-Plus
RAM: Trident Z 32GB CL16
Windows 11 (Clean Install)

Recently had a BSOD but fixed(Source: BSOD)... now this.
All system check was done in the previous post and don't feel like diagnosing again.

This upgrade has given me a headache since I bought the parts o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard? As for your PSU, how old is the unit? Might it be possible to share where you sourced the installer for your OS? A side note, if you're speaking of an upgrade, it's best you list the specs like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

and have two sets of specs, one for before and one for after.

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
BIOS version for your motherboard? As for your PSU, how old is the unit? Might it be possible to share where you sourced the installer for your OS? A side note, if you're speaking of an upgrade, it's best you list the specs like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

and have two sets of specs, one for before and one for after.

The Windows 11 OS was an upgrade from the Windows update, then did another Clean install by (Resetting this PC) deleting everything on all drives, and selecting Cloud Installation.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard: TUF Gaming x570-Plus
Ram: Trident Z 32GB CL16
SSD/HDD: A2000 Kingston SSD
GPU: GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 8G
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W 80Plus Gold Fixed (between 1-2 years)
Chassis: Deepcool Matrexx 70
Monitor: Acer 240hz
BIOS: Version 4403(Latest Version)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would test safe mode but games may not work well in there.. or discord.
I just wonder if its a driver, its an odd noise.

so what drivers did you install? We stopped armoury crate, that is used to update drivers, so I wonder what is running.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

it shows all drivers on PC, not just ones running. I am curious.

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019

so what drivers did you install? We stopped armoury crate, that is used to update drivers, so I wonder what is running.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

Screenshot-2022-07-05-020034.png

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019

Solved it...

The fault was the PSU.

Finally can rest my brain lmao.