remxed

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
Hi I just built a new pc. Build below:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($75.61 @ OutletPC)
Memory: ADATA - XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Red Devil Video Card ($219.37 @ OutletPC)
Case: Zalman - S3 ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Amazon)

So, the PC will not power on. No lights, no fan, etc.. These are the things I've tried so far.

1. Triple checked all the cables are correctly attached.
  2. Checked the PSU switch is ON. It passed the "paper clip" test with the supplied Seasonic PSU tester.
  3. Tried a different PSU (corsair) with same results -- no power, no lights, no fans
  4. Double checked the headers. The Zalman case has some confusing headers where there is no clear indication of which is ground wire for the power and reset switches. From what I've read online, the arrows are the positive ends. These are the ASRock instructions from the manual. I have the arrows going into the power button pin, and the "no-arrow" going into the ground pin.
  5. Tried seating the RAM one at a time
  6. Tried to boot the PC directly from the motherboard with the flathead screwdriver method without any success.
At this point, I'm scratching my head.. I'm thinking the motherboard might be dead. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Hi, Try starting the board outside the case, only CPU, CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other wires or components. Start the board and see if CPU fan spinning. If still no go, try disconnecting the 8 pin power cable and connecting a case fan to the board. If case fan not spinning when board started, then it could be a board issue.