New Asrock BIOS for AM4 socket

hamzaallspam

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Just yesterday (10 Jan) Asrock realsed new BIOS for a few AM4 motherboards with the new AGESA AM4 upcoming APU's and Ryzen2 CPU's.

My problem is that a few of months ago Asrock realsed a new BIOS version for my MOBO (3.30)(https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M%20Pro4/index.asp#BIOS) but when I installed it, was very unstable and i couldnt OC my RAM, so my question is if anyone has flashed this neweer BIOS and if he know if there OC ok. I'm using an R3 1300X and the AB350M PRO4.

Thank you for your attention ^^

Solution
If your system is working well now, don't update the BIOS.

If you are having issues with anything, go for it and install the latest version. Be sure to save the version you are using now as a possible backup, if needed.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If your system is working well now, don't update the BIOS.

If you are having issues with anything, go for it and install the latest version. Be sure to save the version you are using now as a possible backup, if needed.

Solution

hamzaallspam

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Ok Thank you.

I see that you're have the Asrock badge, can you explain me this please:
"ASRock assumes no responsibility for any damages caused by improper operations of downloading or updating the BIOS."
That means that if the BIOS Version croputs my mobo have no right to send it to RMA? Because is not my fault, it's Asrock fault for realsing a BIOS without saying that its an unestable version.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The Asrock badge just means I have answered a bunch of questions regarding Asrock products. It doesn't mean I represent Asrock in any way.

The statement really means that Asrock can't be held accountable if you do something wrong (like try to apply the wrong BIOS) to the mobo.

Updating the BIOS on a modern mobo is generally easy. As long as you don't try to load the wrong thing (force it) or power off in the middle of the process, you are very unlikely to "break" anything.

That statement is really just a general disclaimer.