[SOLVED] New assembled PC doesn't work

fjuca

Commendable
Jan 19, 2019
I bought all components and assembled a new PC. The problem is that when I start it nothing happens. The computer beeps 5 times. Screen doesn't show any image, it doesn't even start. All looks perfectly fine. I use Gigabyte motherboard and as I googled, 5 beeps mean processor failure. I even tried to put RAM on all 4 slots but the problem is still the same. Is it also possible that I connected something wrong on the motherboard? The processor is perfectly in the socket with a CPU fan installed.

Main components:
  • HyperX Furry RAM hx426c16fb3/8
  • Gigabyte B460M DS3H V2 Motherboard
  • Nvidia Quadro P400 (problem is the same also If I remove graphic card and use integrated one
  • Intel Core i5 10400F LGA1200

Big thanks for any help.

Solution
The 10400f doesn't have integrated graphics so straight away without a gpu you're going to get no disay.

Are you sure that quadro card is actually working??

Gigabyte boards will also do 5 shorts beeps if there is a display error which is far more likely than the cpu.

With the quadro card installed are you actually connecting the monitor to it and not the motherboard video out??

GB boards will even do that 5 short beep error with a damaged or incompatible video cable attached
The 10400f doesn't have integrated graphics so straight away without a gpu you're going to get no disay.

Are you sure that quadro card is actually working??

Gigabyte boards will also do 5 shorts beeps if there is a display error which is far more likely than the cpu.

With the quadro card installed are you actually connecting the monitor to it and not the motherboard video out??

GB boards will even do that 5 short beep error with a damaged or incompatible video cable attached

Solution