Jun 20, 2018
Hi

Ive Recently Upgraded my pc with a new
motherboard: Asus crosshair hero vii
processor: Ryzen 7 2700x
ram: Corsair Vengeance rgb ddr4 3000
Graphics Card: Asus 1080ti Turbo 11GB

With my old OCz 650w PSU and 2 SSD's

All seems fine installing on a fresh install of windows until I install the graphics drivers. As soon as they are installed i start getting lag and if audio is playing that keeps freezing/stuttering.

Ive tried just about everything i can find so far to fix this so many different drivers, fresh installs without installing and disabling other things like the built in network and sound but nothing i do seems to help.

Comeplely ran out of idea's of what to do to fix this or how to go about changing/switch parts to get up and running.

Is this likely to be a issue with the nvidia drivers and the motherboard and something i'll run into again if i try a different 1080ti? or maybe the graphics cards itselfs?

Dont help that my old card is an amd r9. I have that in now and everything runs fine but amd drivers.

Solution
As long as you don't install the AMD drivers on a fresh install, then there's no need to run DDU. If you're still encountering problems, it is most likely your card. You can also try your card on another PC to confirm.
Jun 20, 2018
Always been installing to fresh installs of windows after formating hard drive in windows install utility. AMD drivers with r9 running now but will do a fresh install again when switching back to the 1080ti would i still need to make sure i remove amd drivers even with a new install?

cl-justin

Respectable
Apr 21, 2016
As long as you don't install the AMD drivers on a fresh install, then there's no need to run DDU. If you're still encountering problems, it is most likely your card. You can also try your card on another PC to confirm.

Solution