Question New ASUS B650M, WiFi and BT drivers will not install

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Just finished assembling my new Zen4 B650M TUF system, ran all the Windows updates, installed all the drivers, or at least I tried to. The WiFi and BT drivers when clicking the Asus Setup, flash a quick black CMD box that vanishes in a millisecond. Device manager shows the WiFi and BT are using generic windows drivers, with the error triangle. Clicking on it says Windows stopped the device because it was having an issue. Sort of at a loss as to how to proceed. Updated BIOS, checking drivers, nothing works...this is a new system and clean fresh Windows 11 install. :(

Paul

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Tried right clicking the .exe and execute as admin?

Drivers come from here?

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Hello
I have similar issues with a new install of Windows ,and the only work around I have found is to connect PC via ethernet cable, which allows Windows to update ,or alternatively go to manufacturers web site ,and download drivers ,once that is done disconnect and use your Wi-Fi.
Hope this helps '

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Well, I reinstalled Windows from scratch again (on LAN), problem still there, and the drivers still will not install. The only workaround I found was to allow the autorun of the Armory Crate thing (Asus install software), and that integrated installer preselected everything I had downloaded from the support page and forced them through successfully.

Moral of the story, Armory Crate may be more of a necessity than you might have previously thought.

Paul

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
I guess that means you got it working which is good to hear.

Correctamundo. I don't understand why the Asus support page drivers didn't work, other than it's an AMD and a new platform, so perhaps the generic BT and WiFi stuff Windows installs during Windows OS Install before you get to the desktop loaded things that bricked the adapter until Armory Crate bypassed that. I know Windows default drivers cause a lot of issues when installing some serial port adapters which fail if you don't install the drive before letting the system see the device plug in.

Paul

Paul Anderegg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Asus just dropped a BT and WiFI updated driver at the same time yesterday, probably to fix the issue I was having. None of the drivers that worked for me got an update, just the two that were FUBAR.

Paul