New Asus Laptops Have 3-Year Battery Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]So, when can I get a refund for accidentally pouring water onto my laptop?[/citation]
On the 12th of Never, mail in your claim to the Ice Rink in Hell

DoofusOfDeath

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]So, when can I get a refund for accidentally pouring water onto my laptop?[/citation]

The upgraded warranty I have for my Dell M6500 notebook covers absolutely anything, except intentional damage.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]DoofusOfDeath[/nom]The upgraded warranty I have for my Dell M6500 notebook covers absolutely anything, except intentional damage.[/citation]
Most Asus laptops come with that warranty for free in the first year. and the second is Standard warranty

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Asus laptops come with a 1 year accidental damage warranty if registered in the first 30 days. That means that if you spill iced tea on your laptop then they will replace or repair it (at their discretion) for free.

allenpan

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
not Most "ALL" asus has minum 1 year accidental warranty, and you can extend that too, i think was only 150$ for additional 2 years (accidital and global warranty)

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Dell use to have an accidental warranty. No idea if they still do.

Good warranty options from Asus. I guess I should check this thing out.

Asus has one of the best laptop warranties available. Asus warranty covers the entire system.
Be careful with Dell warranties, which might not cover the LCD or battery or both. Dell warranty might no cover software neither.
To have complete laptop coverage with Dell you might need to get two types of warranties.
Dell warranty = scam

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Shoot i was hoping this would also cover the U33jc model i plan to buy here soon.

Well the good news is Asus's laptop warranty is still really good. Its a 2 Year warranty with 1 Year accidental coverage that includes shipping both ways. It's also included in the price, unlike most laptops which costs extra.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]DoofusOfDeath[/nom]What ever happend to all the excitement about ultra-capacitors in recent years?[/citation]

Some company with lots of money probably bought it out. Why sell a battery that'll last 10 years when you can make more on a battery the lasts 3? Would this put a company out of business?...not sure but it's clear where some agendas are placed.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
The Asus warranty is typical unless you buy from a big box retailer like Best Buy who purchases the laptops with only 1 year basic warranties and then sells you their warranty on top of that (oh yeah, and you never get the extra goodies Asus sometimes gives with laptops).

Best Buy also did something Skeezy with the netbooks, back when the 1000HE came out, companies were selling the new one and the old 1000HA. Best buy got Asus to sell them a special version, the 1000HEB, which was just a relabeled 1000HA. So I kept hearing people asking me why Best buy was $50 cheaper than other retailers.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]bildo123[/nom]Some company with lots of money probably bought it out. Why sell a battery that'll last 10 years when you can make more on a battery the lasts 3? Would this put a company out of business?...not sure but it's clear where some agendas are placed.[/citation]

I was under the impression that UltraCapacitors didn't have the energy density that Lithium Ion batteries carried. Some are better than others, but when you want to have +150W/kg you kinda have to go with Lithium Ion. UltraCapacitors, from Wikipedia max out around 30W/Kg.

About the same time gun manufacturers cover your legal costs after you decide to shoot a bunch of people.

Or the same time auto manufacturers pay your tickets when you intentionally run a red light in front of a police car.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]allenpan[/nom]not Most "ALL" asus has minum 1 year accidental warranty, and you can extend that too, i think was only 150$ for additional 2 years (accidital and global warranty)[/citation]
Uhh, since when? I had a cracked LCD. They said something to the effect of free 1st year warranty coverage... But they didn't follow through. It cost me more than 20 bux to ship it to Asus only to find out that they were going to charge me 200 dollars for the repair, despite what they had me believe. I had them ship it back, and decided to just repair the thing myself... Only 70 bux... But either way, they could have warned me that it was going to cost, but they led me to believe it was a warranty repair...

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Uhh, since when? I had a cracked LCD. They said something to the effect of free 1st year warranty coverage... But they didn't follow through. It cost me more than 20 bux to ship it to Asus only to find out that they were going to charge me 200 dollars for the repair, despite what they had me believe. I had them ship it back, and decided to just repair the thing myself... Only 70 bux... But either way, they could have warned me that it was going to cost, but they led me to believe it was a warranty repair...[/citation]

Its possible you purchased a model at Best Buy or some other retailer who purchases them in volume in a "Special" configuration so they can sell you their warranty on top of it. Price looks better, but its an illusion. you are getting a stripped down version.

As a rule, Asus sells them with 1 year accidental warranty, and 2 Year global (with Shipping included). Unless some company asks for them without those and other goodies, that is what is standard.

The only exception is netbooks.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I just got an ASus to replace my MSI, its a great nifty workhorse. Its also a 12 inch netbook with a dual core atom, HDMI output, LED backlit and an Nvidia ION. Much to say, this is the future of netbooks and the battery life is actually not bad as well.

batteryexpress

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Lithium-ion batteries age. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years. It won't. Also, if you are buying a new battery pack, you want to make sure it really is new. If it has been sitting on a shelf in the store for a year, it won't last very long. Manufacturing dates are important. post by batteryexpress.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS