New ASUS MX279H Monitor stays at 1920X1080 native resolution

crashof43

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
I needed a new monitor.......I got a ASUS MX279H.....My Video card is a RADEON 7770 and the power supply is a 500 watt......Now the old Hanns G 27" would go to 1920X1200 OK.......However this new ASUS 27" MX279H will not......i have even reinstalled the cat center/ complete and it all was ok on the HANNS G 27"........why is it i cant go beyond the 1920X1080" native" settings?..If thats the native resolution IS that as HIGH as it will go? i have a one inch black area on all 4 sides !...any help before i take it back will be much appreciated.......the people in india are terrible to understand.......i tryed that and way too much accent to fully understand them !!!!!

krells

Distinguished
It should fill the screen at 1080p. Are you connected with HDMI? Open Catalyst control panel and click My Digital Flat Panel > Scaling options. Use the overscan slider to fill the screen.

crashof43

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Yes Krells i am using HDMI input........Now i will give what you asked me to try with the Cat Center......i'll check back with a post of how i came out ..i went back to the HANNS-G 28" monitor and booted up......then i slid the slider in windows settings to 1920X1200 and it was FULL SCREEN again!.........i had no option like that with The MX279H ASUS. Thanks Krells

crashof43

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Ok........I still have the HANNS-G display in use and i went to the CAT Panel and found the scaling option.....i checked the box However the slider panel above ^ did Not High Lite........see i have a gob of desk top icons.....And when i shut down and have hooked up the ASUS MX279H.......all my many many icons all scatter to the right side........and after i shut down and re hook UP the HANNS-G......and boot UP.........the icons are still all squeezed in the right side........OK........If i hook the ASUS up hopefully for the last time.......And will the scaling "Slider" then be active so i can stretch screen to Full on all 4 sides? then i can re-position all the scattered icons and be a Happy MX279 Owner ! Thanks for all that help me

crashof43

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Problem solved !

Terrible product support and the instructions were Terrible too.......tiny tiny print in 12 different languages...so i packed it up and ever thing that came with it and took it back for a refund Yes Problem solved and Thank to Kniss who helped me.......i had it hooked up and it Scattered many many desk top icons all to the left side....... i had to re un scramble them 3 times and that was enough.......the HANNS-G clears up pretty good of the multi colored lines that are vertical off the right side of the screen after its been on a 5 to 10 minutes Thanks Kniss .

TRENDING THREADS