[SOLVED] New ASUS PC won't boot. DRAM Light Orange.

Jun 25, 2020
Hi, I built a new PC and it was working fine. Then I noticed that one of the RAM sticks was not being read so I tried to reseat it. After that, the PC would not boot and the Orange DRAM light on the motherboard would stay lit.

I’ve tried:
Putting RAM into different slots, 1 at a time and 2 at a time
Using new RAM
And recently trying a new Motherboard

Nothing has worked. System still wont post to BIOS and Orange LED light stays on. Help is greatly appreciated cause I am at a loss…

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard LGA1151
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold
SSD: Samsung SSD 860

Solution
No, didn't overclock.

I checked the CPU and it looks fine (the PC worked before i tried to reseat the RAM and rebooted).
In any case, I ordered a new CPU.

What I don't get is, the DRAM light is on. If it was the CPU, would't the CPU light be on?

It should, but it doesn't mean the technology is there yet to fully predict everything...
My Ram light was also coming when i put memory in the second slot ( i have only two slots ITX Mobo)...but it wasn't the case.... i had bent CPU pins that was connected to apparently the lines going to that slot.... managed to fix them and all is good now, but it was showing memory problem.
Jun 25, 2020
Do you overclock?
Can you check your CPU for damage?
Maybe the pins are slightly tinted or they have some sort of burning around them?

No, didn't overclock.

I checked the CPU and it looks fine (the PC worked before i tried to reseat the RAM and rebooted).

What I don't get is, the DRAM light is on. If it was the CPU, would't the CPU light be on?

No, didn't overclock.

It should, but it doesn't mean the technology is there yet to fully predict everything...
My Ram light was also coming when i put memory in the second slot ( i have only two slots ITX Mobo)...but it wasn't the case.... i had bent CPU pins that was connected to apparently the lines going to that slot.... managed to fix them and all is good now, but it was showing memory problem.

Solution
Jun 25, 2020

Ok. I ordered a new CPU and will switch it out Sunday. Hopefully that fixes the issue. I will update when it arrives..

Reactions: Vyrvelata