[SOLVED] New AT2020 microphone and M-AUDIO FAST TRACK PRO Audio Interface not picking up sound?

Dec 29, 2018
I just recently bought and AT2020 microphone and one month ago I bought an M-AUDIO FAST TRACK PRO audio interface FOR the microphone once I began my intentions of buying such mic. SO, I did the norm and attached the arm to the desk an the pop filter to the arm and then attached the shock mount and slid the AT2020 into it and connected the built in XLR cable (By that I mean the arm had a cable pre-built XLR cable into it) then ran it to the interface. I then proceeded to plug the USB cable on the interface to the computer and then went onto Discord and used the sound-check software on it to see if it was working. Problem is, it won't pick up sound on Default input device (Obviously). And so, I disabled the input to my old mic (connected to a headset) in the Windows Sound Settings and then Default was the only option on Discord. So I switched to multiple different USB ports until the option "Analog Connector (5-FastTrack Pro)" popped up (Which I think is correct ???). So I switched the Discord input setting to that and tried talking and when I press "Let's Check" on the audio check software and I get no input, and will every now and then pick up a very deep static sound. I'm not too sure why this is happening, my friend bought the same mic and when he plugged it all in it worked FINE. So I messed around in the Windows Sound Settings and I had to enable the Analog Connector and it STILL picked nothing up. For some odd reason Windows recognized it as a speaker but it still popped up in the 'recording tab' (???) and I guess nothing changed since then. I REALLY need some help with this, anyone got any ideas as to what's wrong? On Fortnite chat and other things it picks up NADA sound as well so I know it's not a problem on Discord's side..

Solution
First option:
Make sure 48v phantom power is turned on your interface. If it doesn't have Phantom power, then you bought the wrong interface. The at2020 requires phantom power to operate. The switch is usually located on the back of the device.

Second option:
Ensure that you've selected the microphone in the "recording" settings as your "default device". Which can be found by right-clicking the speaker icon on the bottom right and selecting "sounds", then "recording" tab. With the device highlighted, select "properties" on the menu. Select "Levels" tab and double check the volume isn't muted or too low.

Third option:
Search "privacy settings" or click the little cog on the bottom left of the Start menu and then select "Privacy"...
Jan 7, 2019
First option:
Make sure 48v phantom power is turned on your interface. If it doesn't have Phantom power, then you bought the wrong interface. The at2020 requires phantom power to operate. The switch is usually located on the back of the device.

Second option:
Ensure that you've selected the microphone in the "recording" settings as your "default device". Which can be found by right-clicking the speaker icon on the bottom right and selecting "sounds", then "recording" tab. With the device highlighted, select "properties" on the menu. Select "Levels" tab and double check the volume isn't muted or too low.

Third option:
Search "privacy settings" or click the little cog on the bottom left of the Start menu and then select "Privacy". Select the "microphone" section, from there make sure "allow apps to access your microphone" and "Allow access to the microphone on this device" is turned ON.

I believe these three basic things may help.

Solution