new ati video card

than

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2001
Hi, Guys: I am thinking upgrade my video from Radeon 8500LE 64MB to 256MB ATI AGP video card. I wonder which ATI 256MB come with the dual monitor support and HDTV output? I have a HDTV wonder card in my computer. Thanks,

Than

cleeve

Illustrious
Just a couple notes:

1. The amount of memory on a videocard isn't as important as the chipset. A 64mb Radeon 9500 is MUCH better than a 256mb Radeon 9250.

2. I know there are Radeons with HDTV output out there, but they aren't all that common. Somebody here might know of a specific brand, I think Sapphire makes a VIVO model with HDTV outputs but I'm not sure.

Huh

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
I know that the ATI All in Wonder line supports dual displays and output to HDTV. But I think you can only run 2 displays at a time. If you are trying to run 2 LCD/CRT (computer monitors) and a HDTV monitor you may be out of luck. You may need 2 cards to do that.

My only experience is with an ATI All-in-Wonder 9600XT. To the best of my limited knowledge, there was no way to run more than 2 monitors using that card.

Hope this helps.

If I'm wrong then I hope someone will correct me. :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You, sir, are correct! The only video card that supports 3 displays is the Matrox Perhelia or however it's spelled.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

The only video card that supports 3 displays is the Matrox Perhelia
And it's shortform brethren P650 (with upgrade kit) and P750 (straight out of the box).

Of course the HR256 supports 4 monitors like the old G200/400/450-MMS. :wink:

Jump at any opportunity to pimp Matrox! :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: