New ATI X800 XT

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get this from in the UK? I can buy the x800 pro but
that one is nothing compared to the XT. I can pre-order it from
overclockers.co.uk but they don't have a date, I really need to know when
its released, my pc curently doesn't have a graphics card and will be out of
commision until I buy this one, I hope its soon, ATI themselves are no help,
I don't get it, what the hell is the problem in letting us know when it will
be released?......huh....some people.

Thanks
Shiva

"Remo-Shiva" <info@areyoufedup.com> wrote in message news:<bRptc.22225$eS7.187@pathologist.blueyonder.net>...
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know where I can get this from in the UK? I can buy the x800 pro but
> that one is nothing compared to the XT. I can pre-order it from
> overclockers.co.uk but they don't have a date, I really need to know when
> its released, my pc curently doesn't have a graphics card and will be out of
> commision until I buy this one, I hope its soon, ATI themselves are no help,
> I don't get it, what the hell is the problem in letting us know when it will
> be released?......huh....some people.
>
> Thanks
> Shiva

The X800XT will be quite expensive, but I am sure you know that
already. Why don't you buy the cheapest videocard you can find for the
few weeks it still takes till the X800XT comes. I am sure you find a
nice 9200SE in the shops for ultra cheap wich means you have good 2d
output for the coming time. And since it's ati you won't have troubles
moving over....

The short answer to this is mid June at the earliest and most likely July.

From what I have read ATI are having yield problems with creating
significant amounts of the X800XT chip

I too am waiting for an XT in the UK :-(

regards

although I would like to use my pc for playing Far Cry and do a few other
things its not essencial as I have a perfectly capable laptop to hand so I'm
probably going to wait. And yeah I do know its going to be expensive :-((
I'm expecting it to be around £350 as the x800 pro is £300.

thanks for your replies
Shiva

"Dark Avenger" <superxml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Remo-Shiva" <info@areyoufedup.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone know where I can get this from in the UK? I can buy the x800 pro
but
> > that one is nothing compared to the XT. I can pre-order it from
> > overclockers.co.uk but they don't have a date, I really need to know
when
> > its released, my pc curently doesn't have a graphics card and will be
out of
> > commision until I buy this one, I hope its soon, ATI themselves are no
help,
> > I don't get it, what the hell is the problem in letting us know when it
will
> > be released?......huh....some people.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shiva
>
> The X800XT will be quite expensive, but I am sure you know that
> already. Why don't you buy the cheapest videocard you can find for the
> few weeks it still takes till the X800XT comes. I am sure you find a
> nice 9200SE in the shops for ultra cheap wich means you have good 2d
> output for the coming time. And since it's ati you won't have troubles
> moving over....

user

Splendid

Remo-Shiva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know where I can get this from in the UK? I can buy the x800
> pro but that one is nothing compared to the XT. I can pre-order it
> from overclockers.co.uk but they don't have a date, I really need to
> know when its released, my pc curently doesn't have a graphics card
> and will be out of commision until I buy this one, I hope its soon,
> ATI themselves are no help, I don't get it, what the hell is the
> problem in letting us know when it will be released?......huh....some
> people.
>
> Thanks
> Shiva

Why don't you just pick up the PRO and while your at OCUK check out the
topic X800 Pro > X800 XT Mod and save some money :-D

"§" <§@§.§> wrote in message
> Remo-Shiva wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone know where I can get this from in the UK? I can buy the x800
> > pro but that one is nothing compared to the XT. I can pre-order it
> > from overclockers.co.uk but they don't have a date, I really need to
> > know when its released, my pc curently doesn't have a graphics card
> > and will be out of commision until I buy this one, I hope its soon,
> > ATI themselves are no help, I don't get it, what the hell is the
> > problem in letting us know when it will be released?......huh....some
> > people.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shiva
>
> Why don't you just pick up the PRO and while your at OCUK check out the
> topic X800 Pro > X800 XT Mod and save some money :-D

Wouldn't be so bad if OCUK had delivered my X800 Pro, then I'd be able to
try frying said 300 quid video card!!

Curse Sapphire/ATI and the choked supply of cards....

--
somnambulist

wrong card mate, I know the pro version is available but amongst other
setbacks in this card it only has 12 pipes as opposed to the XT version
which has the full 16 and over 1ghz high speed memory plus a faster GPU. The
XT is not released yet and I want to know when it will be released.

Thanks anyway dude
Shiva

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/powercolor_ati_graphics_cards.html#agx_2d025_2dpc