Question New B450-F GAMING Motherboard won't launch windows boot drive to install windows on SSD

Jul 5, 2020
I've built computers before and have installed windows dozens of times, there has never been a problem like this before.

I just put together a new PC and everything seems to be detected in the BIOS. However, I cannot get the windows installer to launch no matter what I do. I've tried using both disc and USB boot drive. Doesn't matter what the installation method is, I hard boot the device through the boot menu only for the Blue Windows logo to show up for few seconds before the computer restarts.

I've messed around with BIOS settings from help threads I've found online and just simply cannot get this to work. I've looked through all the BIOS menus trying to see if there was some obscure setting blocking me from installing an operating system, but I can't find anything. I've tried Secure Boot settings, boot priorities, CSM settings, nothing seems to work.

At this point I'm assuming it's the BIOS after triple-checking hardware installations.