New BenQ BL3201PH VS refurbished Acer Predator XB321HK

srt8driver

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Inherited a little cash, going to upgrade my work/battlestation. Trying to decide between a:
-New BenQ 32-Inch IPS 4K Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (BL3201PH), 4K2K HD 3840x2160
-Certified Refurbished Acer Predator XB321HK 32" Display Monitor, 4K UHD, 3840 x 2160, 4 ms, IPS (Gsync).

This is for my second monitor, to replace an old Dell U3011 that is dying. I have a 980 SLI.

They are about the same cost (if buying a referb Acer). Gaming is not necessarily a consideration (I already have an XB321HK as my main monitor, and NVIDIA Surround is not really reasonable for 4k monitors). I love the current Acer, but worry about refurb.

Anyone have experience with buying a refurbished Acer Monitor? Or experience with BenQ monitor?

Solution
How long is the warranty on the refurb? If that's the one you really want, and the condition of it is new (no scratches/marks) then I guess you should go for it as you have your mind set.

Personally I don't trust Acer that much, and in the past I have only ever bought 3 refurbished items and they all didn't last more than a year (probably bad luck) so I am never going to buy one again.

The Acer has G-sync and 5times better DCR than the BenQ.

My friend has a budget GL2450HM and its a great gaming monitor thats still going strong. The BenQ has more connections, with HDMI ports, DP and mini DP, USB ports and a DVI. It also pivots 90 degrees into portrait if you need that, and the main thing is it's got 3 years warranty which I doubt...

SSBlue

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
How long is the warranty on the refurb? If that's the one you really want, and the condition of it is new (no scratches/marks) then I guess you should go for it as you have your mind set.

Personally I don't trust Acer that much, and in the past I have only ever bought 3 refurbished items and they all didn't last more than a year (probably bad luck) so I am never going to buy one again.

The Acer has G-sync and 5times better DCR than the BenQ.

My friend has a budget GL2450HM and its a great gaming monitor thats still going strong. The BenQ has more connections, with HDMI ports, DP and mini DP, USB ports and a DVI. It also pivots 90 degrees into portrait if you need that, and the main thing is it's got 3 years warranty which I doubt the Acer refurb will have.

Ultimately it's what you want, with the BenQ you got a good brand and warranty. Unless you have just as long warranty with the Acer or if you can buy an extended warranty for a cheap price then it's quite a risk as those are expensive monitors you are looking at.

Solution