New Bethesda 'Hearthfire' TM Indicates Another Skyrim DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

If they follow the Oblivion model there will be several smaller DLC packs like this and at least one more large one. Morrowind was similar in the way you had to build your estate based on what Great House you joined. I always liked the House Hlaalu estate best.

D

Deleted member 217926

Well if I posted 2 similar comments it's because they are not showing up.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
For the first time in the Elder Scrolls universe, purchase land and build your own home from the ground up - from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with armory, alchemy laboratory, trophy room, and more!

I call BS on "first time". Morrowind had you join of of the three Great Houses (Hlaaly, Redoran or Telvanni) and after ascending to high enough rank within the House, you would buy a plot and have an architect construct your manor. True enough, there was no customization and it was all pre-defined, but it's NOT the first time in TES we build our own house.

As for the DLC, I'd love to have it, I don't like any of the present houses in Skyrim.

MMXMonster

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Wonder if I can sue for copyright infringement... I have been using the name Hearthfyre since BBS RPG games, Ultima 3 and Bards Tale Games. Now if I could only find my original 5.25 floppies as evidence.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]So they have the resources to release another DLC instead of fix the huge pile of bugs?[/citation]

DLC dev team is totally seperate of the patching team. developing new content is not the same line of work as patching already released content , nor should it be handled by that same department. I'm some on in game art design major , and when you are talking massive tripple A titles no major company makes one team do every thing it would be rediculously overworked. creating new content does NOT affect patchign efforts nor do patching efforts affect developing new content. only small dev companies have one team do every thing , and those developers arn't creating games any where near the scope and size of an elderscrolls game.

G

I don't know if I can trust that Derp fellow. Maybe Herp, because he's been a pretty reliable guy, but Derp has been rather derpy lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.