new board dead drive?

123malstrom

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2013
Hi friends

Hp pavillion desktop 5367 model. Blew its on board video. Replaced withd gigabyte mobo. Connected all cables fine. Get video boot up ....but cant recognize the drive. Tried "Repair (recommend ed)". Choice. Used. Repair stystem resore and cmd prompt sfc scannow tools. No success event known restore piints cant be found. Used the install disk ....same work .....nothing.
Is there somthing im missing?

2. If i buy a new drive. Re install w7 and master /slave 2 drives will my orginal drive prgrams like norton still auto download updates? Will programs operate?

Open bios, set date and time FIRST.

Open bios, use drive auto detect.

Open bios, set disk drive to boot first.
Put windows disk in the drive, select "upgrade."
This replaces the OS without erasing the files or programs. Also, configures the hardware...

123malstrom

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2013

I guess i cant use a w7 proffesional disk. On a w7 home system? I have find a all in one.

123malstrom

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2013
Hi Sound guruman

Well i did set the bios to boot the install cd. After going to install page and attempting an upgrade.......i receive a "compatibility report' page . telling me i must restart the mchine so windows starts normally.
Then continue by reinserting the disk .and restart the upgrade.

Im stuck in a loop. Are there any other tricks we can do?

I thought. To purchase a new drive for C and. Clean install on the new disk. I dont wish to format. My current drive.