• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question New build, 1080ti no signal to monitor.

kitchenraider

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Hello, I recently finished building my new PC, super excited. All new parts, everything lights up, all the fans spin. However when I connected a monitor to GPU, the monitor is not receiving any signal. I also noticed that the mouse lights aren't on when connected to any USB port.

I have tested the monitor on my old PC and it is still functional, same for my mouse. For GPU to Monitor, I am using the adapter that came with the 1080ti.
Please help, I even replugged all the power cables from each component.

Specs:
CPU: i7-8700k
CPU COOLER: AIO Corsair H100i v2
MOBO: Maximus X Hero
GPU: 1080ti FE
RAM: 2x16GB 3466Mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO
SSD: Corsair MP510 960GB PCIe m.2
PSU: EVGA 650W 80+ gold
Monitor: Dell 2209WA

Pictures of the build on and off as well as adapter.
View: https://imgur.com/a/ZYM8vTp

kitchenraider

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Hi! Omg thank you! Yes it was the ram. It was badly slotted. I pushed everything down until it locked into place!!
Every is functional now, including the mouse. I am currently in BIOS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I cant believe such a rookie mistake happened

kitchenraider

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
You're welcome. It happens. Glad it helped.
Hey sorry to re-inquire, but I've encountered another problem. I am using the Maximus x Hero (wifi ac) , however it does not seem to connect to my ethernet cable. There isn't even an ethernet tab in network settings. I have installed all the drivers on the Asus website for this model but no luck. There is barely any information online as well.

Can you please assist me once more? :(

kitchenraider

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
check device manager and see if it shows up in there. if not check to see if it is disabled in the BIOS
Thank you for the reply! It did not show in device manager and I did check BIOS. However it is fixed now. The problem was a bad OS install. I did a clean install and everything is fully functional now! Thank you both!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS