[SOLVED] New build, $1800 budget

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Hello,

I would like to build a system only for gaming with the best graphics I could get along with ray tracing. I can save more money or wait for new release of parts if it is recommended. I believe that I should get eight core Ryzen CPU for longevity thanks to new gen consoles. I wouldn't like to get less physical cores than that. I used to have 8 cores FX CPU and it helped me a lot with gaming for six years. Intel is very expensive where I live by the way but you still can recommend me so that I can check the prices.

I will be waiting for your help, thank you.

Solution
Thank you for your post, 3080 costs $1250 in my country whilst 6800XT is for $1050 Just because of the taxation. Do you have any other suggestions ? What about 2000 series for my gaming choices.
Because of taxation? I don't think it's just that. It's probably scalping. Check nvidia's official price not seller's retail listing. Nvidia in my country usually overpriced everything. 2080 Ti was $1500, for example. 3080 however is $870.

If you can wait, that'd be great, prices will come down once supply is able to meet demand
Hello,

I would like to build a system only for gaming with the best graphics I could get along with ray tracing. I can save more money or wait for new release of parts if it is recommended. I believe that I should get eight core Ryzen CPU for longevity thanks to new gen consoles. I wouldn't like to get less physical cores than that. I used to have 8 cores FX CPU and it helped me a lot with gaming for six years. Intel is very expensive where I live by the way but you still can recommend me so that I can check the prices.

For 8 cores I'd suggest the 5800X, or a 5700X when it comes out if you can wait. A B550 board should suffice, if you wanna OC get something with good VRMs like a ROG Strix B550-F.

I don't think you'll need a cooler for stock config, but if you do, I'd suggest the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo, or the Noctua NH-U12S Chromax if you wanna save money. Otherwise an AIO will help with the looks

For storage, cheap NVMe drives such as the WD Blue NVMe and Kingston A2000 are good, or you can go for the more expensive and faster Samsung 970.

GPU, 3080. $700, 1440p 144hz and 4K performance. Or 6800XT. I'm just not an AMD GPU fan

Corsair RM750 or higher for the PSU

Case: Phanteks P500A, Lancool II Mesh. My two favorite cases for airflow, and the O11D for the best looks (buy O11D with an AIO)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MHp64d

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
For 8 cores I'd suggest the 5800X, or a 5700X when it comes out if you can wait. A B550 board should suffice, if you wanna OC get something with good VRMs like a ROG Strix B550-F.

I don't think you'll need a cooler for stock config, but if you do, I'd suggest the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo, or the Noctua NH-U12S Chromax if you wanna save money. Otherwise an AIO will help with the looks

For storage, cheap NVMe drives such as the WD Blue NVMe and Kingston A2000 are good, or you can go for the more expensive and faster Samsung 970.

GPU, 3080. $700, 1440p 144hz and 4K performance. Or 6800XT. I'm just not an AMD GPU fan

Corsair RM750 or higher for the PSU

Case: Phanteks P500A, Lancool II Mesh. My two favorite cases for airflow, and the O11D for the best looks (buy O11D with an AIO)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MHp64d
Thank you for your post, 3080 costs $1250 in my country whilst 6800XT is for $1050 Just because of the taxation. Do you have any other suggestions ? What about 2000 series for my gaming choices.

Nov 30, 2020
id say 6800xt, it in many cases actually performs better than the 3080 (although being a bit louder) and if there's a 200 dollar difference in my eyes it's a no brainer. that money would be better spent on higher mhz ram or a faster read and write speed ssd

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Because of taxation? I don't think it's just that. It's probably scalping. Check nvidia's official price not seller's retail listing. Nvidia in my country usually overpriced everything. 2080 Ti was $1500, for example. 3080 however is $870.

If you can wait, that'd be great, prices will come down once supply is able to meet demand

Solution

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014

Yeah I live in a very strange country called Turkey, here taxation is like a penalty for you due to the fact that you're shopping for luxury. This appiles for technology, automobiles, alcohol and cigarettes. So that's how it works unfortunately, Turkish passport is one of the worst one in the world due to visa regulations for the passport holders. Only very few countries are visa free so if I do the calculations for daily trip, I might buy those cheaper compared to where I live and plus, I might even et tax return at customs since im not a resident of the country I visited. Ukraine, Serbia, Albania or N Macedonia are only options for me

Reactions: Prad_Bitt

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,

What country.

Yeah I live in a very strange country called Turkey, here taxation is like a penalty for you due to the fact that you're shopping for luxury. This appiles for technology, automobiles, alcohol and cigarettes. So that's how it works unfortunately, Turkish passport is one of the worst one in the world due to visa regulations for the passport holders. Only very few countries are visa free so if I do the calculations for daily trip, I might buy those cheaper compared to where I live and plus, I might even et tax return at customs since im not a resident of the country I visited. Ukraine, Serbia, Albania or N Macedonia are only options for me
Well we have those "luxury" taxes in India too but i think its not as high.... I feel bad for you man

Reactions: Vulmaro

TRENDING THREADS