[SOLVED] New build 3 BEEPS & No Monitor Signal

Hakoda

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
So i have these 3 beeps when turn on pc and no signal on my MSI Optix MAG27CQ 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor. What can i do?
Ive read about the AMI & 64K memory failure".
Have tried replacing one by one ram.

Solution
If you dont have a graphics card the Mobo wont boot.

3 components are needed to boot the mobo
  1. CPU
  2. ram
  3. graphics (video) card - it may be any onboard video adapter - not necessarily an external card in a PCIE slot

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Yeah its the 64K lower memory error.
This hinders the PC booting into bios, hence no display whatsoever.

I really dont know what these 64K memory refers to, but it is defo not the ram array.

My guess is some buffer or basic onboard memory that fails.
Could be related to bios memory - defo not sure.

A really long shot would be to remove the Cmos battery and test it with a voltmeter. A good one should read at least a micro tad over 3V.
Remember to test a new one before inserting it. They do not have too long shelf lifes.

That would ensure a good battery - AND - do a hard reset on bios setup memory.

As I wrote - a long shot - x-ing my fingers it will help you.

Reactions: Hakoda

Hakoda

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah its the 64K lower memory error.
This hinders the PC booting into bios, hence no display whatsoever.

I really dont know what these 64K memory refers to, but it is defo not the ram array.

My guess is some buffer or basic onboard memory that fails.
Could be related to bios memory - defo not sure.

A really long shot would be to remove the Cmos battery and test it with a voltmeter. A good one should read at least a micro tad over 3V.
Remember to test a new one before inserting it. They do not have too long shelf lifes.

That would ensure a good battery - AND - do a hard reset on bios setup memory.

As I wrote - a long shot - x-ing my fingers it will help you.
Wilk try not shure where to buy the battery tho but will give it a try and hope today it will be alive.
P.S.
Might be that motherboard doesnt support my Ram? 4333 mhz

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
P.S.
Might be that motherboard doesnt support my Ram? 4333 mhz
Ohh yes - I forgot that very common possibility !

Visit the MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON support/download site and find the ram QVL pdf file.
If your ram is not listed here, you have a problem.

Remember :
The QVL list is made up to help customers avoiding hardware problems.
If you dont follow this recommendation, you are out there in the blue thin air on your own ...

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
According to the manual 3 long beeps means there could be issues with RAM and the advice is then to try to boot with just 1 RAM stick in the DIMMA2 slot. If you hear 1 long and 2 short beeps it could be an indication of a GPU not properly seated so try to remove and then re install the GPU and see if that works.

Hakoda

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
According to the manual 3 long beeps means there could be issues with RAM and the advice is then to try to boot with just 1 RAM stick in the DIMMA2 slot. If you hear 1 long and 2 short beeps it could be an indication of a GPU not properly seated so try to remove and then re install the GPU and see if that works.
Cant it run without GPU?

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
If you dont have a graphics card the Mobo wont boot.

3 components are needed to boot the mobo
  1. CPU
  2. ram
  3. graphics (video) card - it may be any onboard video adapter - not necessarily an external card in a PCIE slot

Reactions: Hakoda
Solution

Hakoda

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
All went well friend came over with GPU and it all worked out yust fine. Thank you for the help and it seems even tho RAM is not listed on Motherboard List it still runs perfecto 😁

TRENDING THREADS