[SOLVED] New build, 3900x freez/BSOD after few minutes.

Dec 20, 2019
System spec:
CPU: Amd Ryzen 3900x
MB: Asus ROG Strix b450-F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Rgb Pro DDR4 2x8GB
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb m.2
GPU: Asus Radeon RX 580 8GB Strix Top Gaming
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240
PSU: Corsair VS650 v3 650w 80 Plus White

Problem:
New build. The PC hard freez/BSOD after a few minutes, but faster if I try to do any load. Does not happen in BIOS. It does 2-5 power cycles before it post also.

What I’ve done:
Activated DOCP in BIOS
Set RAM speed to 3000mhz
Try boot with 1 ram stick
BIOS is updated
Chipset is updated
Basically all drivers are up to date

What I haven’t done:
Updated windows (it freezes before it can update)
Try and changing out some of the components (don’t have access to any without buying)

Dec 20, 2019
Reset BIOS to default settings. Enable XMP/D.O.C.P endeavor it as is.

The PSU you have is not a very good one. Pretty much bottom of the line. That may give you problems.

Thanks, I’m building this for a friend so I will reset bios and take the PSU from my rig witch is a evga 750w 80 plus gold, that should at least eliminate PSU problems. I’ve red something about memory timing and that Ryzen don like odd numbers, but I don’t know anything about that so haven’t messed with it yet, should it be necessary?

Dec 20, 2019
Reset BIOS to default settings. Enable XMP/D.O.C.P and leave it as is.

The PSU you have is not a very good one. Pretty much bottom of the line. That may give you problems.

EDIT: typo
So I reset bios and tried with and without docp without any luck.

so I have been testing for a few hours now. First of, the BSOD stopped, now it only hard freezes. So I can’t get any stop codes from it. So I took the PSU from my rig and it did not help. Then I took the boot drive from my rig witch has the latest windows 10 on it, and after 2-3 seconds on the dashboard i get BSOD with the stop code: system_service_exception
tried to swap to my GPU as well without any luck.

Dec 20, 2019
Make a bootable memtest86 USB. See if it'll run a few passes/hours without errors.

Just did, ran it for 40 minutes and almost 2 passes and no error occurred.
Some people on other forum/Facebook suggest that the motherboard I bad, so I will get it replaced with a X570 board and a better PSU as nothing else is working. Now I get a lot of video and video driver errors in windows also.

Dec 20, 2019
what r the bsod's, use bluescreenview and post the dump files here... and moderator colif will be better to tell u about whats causing the bsod's;
The problem is that it has stopped blue screening and just hard freezes. So bluescreenview doesn’t show anything. And on the other boot drive where it does blue screen it shows system_service_exception, and the BSOD happens after a few seconds so not able to run bluescreenview.

The problem is that it has stopped blue screening and just hard freezes. So bluescreenview doesn’t show anything. And on the other boot drive where it does blue screen it shows system_service_exception, and the BSOD happens after a few seconds so not able to run bluescreenview.
did u try with a normal hdd and not an m.2 or have u tried different sata port ?

Just did, ran it for 40 minutes and almost 2 passes and no error occurred.
Some people on other forum/Facebook suggest that the motherboard I bad, so I will get it replaced with a X570 board and a better PSU as nothing else is working. Now I get a lot of video and video driver errors in windows also.
Just checking that if you replaced the motherboard you need to reinstall windows.