Question New Build 4070 Ti only pulling 30 watts of power ?

Jun 2, 2023
I am need of some help. I have recently just built a new computer and now that I have everything setup I am getting terrible (unplayable) performance on every single title. Single digit FPS on CSGO. My build specs are as follows:

Mobo: Gigabyte z790 Aorus Elite AX
CPU: Intel Core I7 13700k
Ram: 64GB of Corsair vengeance rgb ram. All 4 Ram slots occupied with 16gb units.
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus RTX4070ti Elite
PSU: Corsair RM1000e

So far I have updated BIOS, Ran DDU to uninstall gfx drivers and reinstalled again. My DP cable is also in the gfx card not mobo. I have also checked the power cables and even used a different 12vPWR cable to verify that the issue is not on the cable. When I run 3D mark I am pulling 28watts 0.9volts with GPU temp around 40C, fans never turn on and 6-7fps. I have also disabled onboard graphics in the bios. GPU Z shows zero GPU utilization. I am at a loss scouring the internet for advice right now.

Just out of curiosity, is the GPU installed in the primary/main PCI Express x16 slot on the mobo ? There is definitely something odd with this behavior though. Which Windows OS power plan are you using, is it "High Performance", or "Balanced" ?

Try to reseat the GPU firmly on the motherboard's PCI-e slot again, and then try booting your PC. In GPU-Z what does the "Bus Interface" entry say about the link speed ? Check the BIOS settings as well.

Jun 2, 2023
Just out of curiosity, is the GPU installed in the primary/main PCI Express x16 slot on the mobo ? There is definitely something odd with this behavior though. Which Windows OS power plan are you using, is it "high Performance", or "Balanced" ?

Try to reseat the GPU firmly on the motherboard's PCI-e slot again, and then try booting your PC. In GPU-Z what does the "Bus Interface" entry say about the link speed ?
Hey thanks for the reply. Yes I am in the x16 slot on the mobo. I’m not sure at the moment. I am using a riser cable so currently going to omit that and see if I get a different result. Will update in a few.

Jun 2, 2023
Just out of curiosity, is the GPU installed in the primary/main PCI Express x16 slot on the mobo ? There is definitely something odd with this behavior though. Which Windows OS power plan are you using, is it "High Performance", or "Balanced" ?

Try to reseat the GPU firmly on the motherboard's PCI-e slot again, and then try booting your PC. In GPU-Z what does the "Bus Interface" entry say about the link speed ? Check the BIOS settings as well.
And after messing with this all day thinking it was a driver/software issue it was in fact the riser cable. Had to dismantle the computer a bit to get the gpu to fit without the cable but had it going long enough to see that everything is working.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Jun 2, 2023
So how much is the wattage draw now ? It is now working ?
Yes it was working didn’t run it for long how it was because the card is to big to really fit in my case, without a riser cable. so I had to take fans and the aio out to run it. It pulled up to 250 watts. Also got a lot more metrics that I was missing in gpu z. I only ran it for 10 mins max. Waiting on a new riser cable to come in now.