New build, about to order. Any suggestions?

Dking25

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
So after a few weeks, I am down to this list. just wanted some other eyes to review it for any suggestions, comments, or if anyone had any problems withe similar set up. Also how is the Mobo with CPU for a later overclocks, and if you can find a better 1080 for cheaper and faster do let me know.

Thanks!

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/hrZWtg

P.S Price needs to be Canadian dollar, Thanks!

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016

Was on amazon.com copying the links dont know why its changing to pounds /:

1. 8700K does not come with a cooler. You need one.
If your case(which you also need) has 160mm available, the noctua NH-D15s is as good as it gets.

2. Do you need a sli capable motherboard? sli is not recommended when a single card will do the job.
A number of Z370 motherboards are priced around $140 cdn.
All Z370 motherboards will oc decently.
Most 8700K processors can get near 5.0
I would not worry much about overclocks, the 8700K is a beast at stock.

3. A GTX1080 generally needs only a single 8 pin connector which can be supplied by a typical 500w psu.
Your amp! card is a heavily overclocked version that needs two such 8 pin connectors.
650w would do it, but I have no problem with a bit of overprovisioning.
The EVGA G2 is a top card.
I might suggest the Seasonic focus 750w unit for less, on sale now for $95 after rebate.
Modular, compact, gold rated with a 7 year warranty,
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151201

On the graphics card, I generally do not like the maximally overclocked versions.
I think it is better to buy a basic GTX1080ti instead.
But, I think you are ok
As to zotac service, I can't say. I like EVGA better.

What will be your case?

Dking25

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

all other parts not listed i already have!

1. I do have a noctua NH-D15
2. the one i picked was due to it price and and build quality, I gonna sil but it just happens to come with it!
3. I have other things like lots of HHD and SSD's with fans so I like the lot of connect, plus over kill mean never but another one!
4. well I have a Zotac 760 amp card and i love it, still running strong thats why i picked it. If you can find one better and cheaper in Canadian dollar, ill take a look.

Case: I have the Corsair 750D

Thanks for the reply!

TRENDING THREADS