[SOLVED] New build abrupt shut off

Mar 14, 2019
I just finished building my PC, booting up takes about 10-15 minutes and once I started downloading things it seemed fine, like I was in the clear and finally had my new PC. I was in the middle of downloading discord and my PC abruptly shut off, no error code nothing. So I turned it back on, took another 10-15 minutes to start windows up. Seemed fine again, started to download Overwatch, got into a game 3, 2, 1 the game started and I moved forward annnnnnd... it shut off abruptly again and then started itself up. I let it go through the motions again, and got back on to Overwatch to check if the CPU was overheating. Only went up to 60. I got joined into a game and went to pick and it shut off again. I don’t know what’s wrong.

• Intel- Core i7-4770K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • MSI - Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
  • Kingston - HyperX FURY 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
  • Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Video Card
  • EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
If your computer is taking more than 10 minutes ot boot up, something is severely wrong with this computer.
You have a decent spec machine, but I would say your HDD is about to die a death.
If you can get into windows and download Hard Disk Sentinel, it will tell you if your HDD is dying.
Whatever it is doing, please list results.

As for shutting off, your PSU could be faulty. These things happen. Extra power needed for game, and then shutdown.
If your computer is taking more than 10 minutes ot boot up, something is severely wrong with this computer.
You have a decent spec machine, but I would say your HDD is about to die a death.
If you can get into windows and download Hard Disk Sentinel, it will tell you if your HDD is dying.
Whatever it is doing, please list results.

As for shutting off, your PSU could be faulty. These things happen. Extra power needed for game, and then shutdown.

Solution