Question New build. Advice required

roosti3

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
New build ongoing specification and in need some guidance. PC mostly used for general day to day tasks but would like to get into video and image processing and have the option to play games at mid settings if I get the time. Budget is around 1300 USD but flexible. It is 10 years since my last build so happy spending a bit more now as I never get around to upgrading and a new build is usually the only way forward. Not interested in overclocking these days. At the moment I’m struggling with my current PC due to lack of high speed USB ports for backing up and managing data/pictures and my current prime drive 128 GB SSD is overflowing with crap. Already have Benq XL2730-B monitor, keyboard and mouse and a 2TB 3.5 barracuda.

I am considering ……

Ryzen 3600 + stock cooler ~200USD

2x16GB DDR4 (what should I be looking for minimum speed and latency?) Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB Kit?? ~150USD

500GB or 1 TB NVMe PCIe 4x4? What about Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD Extreme Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB) any other suggestions to look out for?

X570 MB (preferably with onboard Wifi and BT would be handy) The MSI boards seemed to get loads of very good reviews but the more I read I am leaning back to my old confidants ASUS and Gigabyte.

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE 169USD

ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) 179USD

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI 179USD

ASRock X570 EXTREME4 WIFI 209USD

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI 219USD

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ULTRA 259 USD

Case will depend on what I can find in country as it is 150USD to ship one internationally. What do I look for? Vents and big fans?

How much power is enough and what spec do I need to look for or will all modern PSUs have all power rails needed? Rosewill Hive Series 750W Modular Gaming Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze Certified, Single +12V Rail, Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready, SLI & CrossFire Ready half price @ 59 USD. Never heard of the make and don't mind spending more for reliability.

Graphics? What should I be looking for on the black Friday run in? I saw a RX5700 for 279USD but it’s not for international delivery. 1660?

Thanks

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS