[SOLVED] New Build Advice

May 26, 2020
Hi Folks,

I am looking for some direction.
Currently building a new machine with a Core i9 9900K CPU
I am looking for recommendations on which ram and type to use as I intend to put 64GB in and I am useless with the various speed and CAS types.

Motherboard is an Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F

All info appreciated
Thanks
Boffin

Solution
Do you need 64GBs? I don't mean to be rude but I would think if you needed 64GBs you'd understand how those numbers work.

I personally would stick with the big vendors, and make sure the ram is at least 3200MHz. You can spring for 3600 or 4000 if you want but you probably don't need it. Make sure its a 4x16GB kit you are buying. CL timing should be 15 or 16 depending on your budget.

Some might tell you you need to make sure the RAM is on the motherboard vendor approved list. While that's guaranteed to work, it's not 100% needed. Before buying my ram I looked at the user reviews and made sure they worked with my CPU. They aren't on the QVL, but I have zero issues with them.

4745454b

Titan
Do you need 64GBs? I don't mean to be rude but I would think if you needed 64GBs you'd understand how those numbers work.

I personally would stick with the big vendors, and make sure the ram is at least 3200MHz. You can spring for 3600 or 4000 if you want but you probably don't need it. Make sure its a 4x16GB kit you are buying. CL timing should be 15 or 16 depending on your budget.

Some might tell you you need to make sure the RAM is on the motherboard vendor approved list. While that's guaranteed to work, it's not 100% needed. Before buying my ram I looked at the user reviews and made sure they worked with my CPU. They aren't on the QVL, but I have zero issues with them.

Solution